Sunny the 1979 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang,

After selling my '74 a couple years ago I couldn't stop searching for another 40. Enter Sunny. She's a 1980 US Spec with 38,000 ish original miles. No big plans other than drive until something breaks, fix, repeat! We are in North Texas now so hopefully see you guys around.

IMG_6062.JPG

One More....
IMG_6060.JPG

And her future sleeping quarters...
IMG_6165.JPG

Wow!

Such a great find! I’m in love with the mustards.. it seems like there has been quite a few amazing finds out of Texas lately. So jealous

what’s the story behind it? Why such low mileage?

Thanks! In a small town called Pottsboro...couple hours north of Dallas.

Gorgeous 40! Mechanically and electrically yours is very nearly identical to my 3/79. (Assuming yours is <8/80). Reach out if you ever need to compare notes.

Thanks! I am the 4th owner, purchased originally in Houston to be used on a farm, but apparently not much use. Then went to California for a family beach rig/3rd vehicle. The lady I purchased from didn't drive it much at all and she has owned it since the early 2000's. Spent most of it's life in a Morton building waiting to be used! It's not perfect by any means, but I'm happy that I'll be able to use it and not worry about scratches/dings....and maybe learn a thing or two along the way.

Congrats on a sweet find! That thing is beautiful. Got any interior pics?

Congrats on your mustard find and its future sleeping quarters (plenty of room there)!
Thank you for sharing the story with our community all over the world, that's what I love in Mud!
Welcome and enjoy the nice truck!
Just send some more pics mate!

====
1984 BJ42 frame-off restored, 4E9 Toyo beige
1983 BJ45 P/UP resto project

Beautiful!! Dealer mounted CB antenna holes on the bib. Thats a new one.

I want to know more about that day job? F-22, JSF or T-38? Or all three? Aerial photographer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom