Sunglasses box - Overhead Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, I have a 2000LC. The overhead console has the front panel that an be opened - to install the garage door remote. But I would like to use this spot to hold sunglasses. Page 154 of my manual says there is an option of a Box "Type H" part I18076. The local Toyota parts dept has not clue about this. Anyone know if this can be purchased?

Thanks in advance!

I would like one as well, never see them on ebay.

our 03 has built-in garage openers (3) and a glasses box IIRC. Maybe could be adapted to the 2000?

have a pic of it on the 03? i'd like to do this to, and possibly add homelink while i was at it.

Yeah, my 03 also has the sunglass holder plus 3 garage door buttons. The interior was redesigned for '03+.

The 03+ console can physically be mounted in an older model, but you'll need to splice come connections.

The 03+ has both the homelink and nav mic which the older ones do not.

The homelink you can splice into switched power, but I *think* the sunroof connectors are diff, so you'd have to splice them.

i am thinking of putting a CB radio in there. I have a 98.

There isn't that much room. It isn't deep enough for even a small CB. I have my HAM radio faceplate up there in my 99.

me too. i put everything in the big s$# center console and its not a big deal to fish the sunglasses case and open em up from in there but since i am not using the dumb garage door opener box then why not use it for the sunglasses? My manual has like 4 or 5 different boxes for that area as well i just never got around to doing anything about it. anyone have the part # ?

regards, m.a.d.

I'd like to do something functional with that space such as a sun glass holder... I have no need for the garage door opener.

I would like the homelink and microphone too. The garage door opener cover doesn't work with a multi button opener (two doors) either.

Dude..that's where the ScanGauge II goes :)

attachment.php

Part # for the homelink is 89755 from toyota on the 03 and up, can't find the console, but that might get you going in the right direction. It'll run ya bout 700 for the transmitter....

hmmmm. it's all nice and everything but the guy that posted wanted to know how to get the sunglasses box in the overhead console that from factory is a garage door opener receptacle.

Homelink would be super cool for the mall cruiser crowd but completely useless on the trail and overland.

regards,
m.a.d.

hmmmm. it's all nice and everything but the guy that posted wanted to know how to get the sunglasses box in the overhead console that from factory is a garage door opener receptacle.

Homelink would be super cool for the mall cruiser crowd but completely useless on the trail and overland.

regards,
m.a.d.
and a sunglass holder is a MUST on the trails?? Really??

it's all about options that he might not had thought of. His question was answered but it was taken one step further......

Reactions: TLO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom