Sunday Run to Smugglers Cave/Elliot Mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since our originally scheduled Miller/Lockwood run was scrubbed due to trail closures; and we couldn't re-schedule to any closer runs, due to other trail closures and anticipated weather; Robin & I decided to try out the subject trail run. We had a nice 2.5 hour drive down to the trailhead, located off of I-8, near the Jacumba Mountains Wilderness. This is a fairly short trail, but that worked out fine for us since we got a late start.

The first part of the trail is partially paved and very easy. As we made our way down the trail, it got a bit more challenging. We found a few nice climbs and rocky descents as we made our way around and explored the area. There were a couple of slightly off-camber spots, and at about the 3/4 mark I finally decided to air-down, just to be safe.

The weather cooperated very nicely! Though it was chilly, and a bit breezy, we stayed mostly dry. A few sprinkles started just as we were airing-up to leave. It seems we left at just the right time! About 15-20 minutes later it was coming down in buckets on I-8. Visibility was probably only about a hundred feet at one point.

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

57214234059__08C5BD2C-F7D6-43E6-A780-70DBAE5A596F.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom