sunday run to martinez/box canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A buddy (he drives a Heep) and I are planning to meet at the basha's in gold canyon on sunday morning at 9:30-ish to run box canyon road, going to marinez cabin and then exit thru the box. Anyone who wants to come along please post so we know to wait. Departure about 10:00 from Basha's. CB channel 4 for laggards...

If we're not too hung over, Heather and I will be there. She's never really been wheelin. Want to break her in easy. :grinpimp:

Hell, we'll be there even if hung over..

I think I will see you there, (bashas) I need to get out of the house after having the little one last month....And the boy needs to find some dirt to play in!
Cross Street of the Bashas?
Josh

I think I will see you there, (bashas) I need to get out of the house after having the little one last month....And the boy needs to find some dirt to play in!
Cross Street of the Bashas?
Josh

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr...8,+USA&sa=X&oi=local&ct=directions-to&iwloc=A

Just go east on 60 after the hi-way ends. I belive the second traffic light (left turn) is into the shopping center. Youll see a Jack-in-the-Box on the north east corner. CB channel 4 - yes, I now have a radio.

Look forward to seeing you!

Last edited:
Turned out to be a beautiful day and a nice run with a mix of sun and rain and trails both dry and running streams. HJ60, FJ40LVR and my buddy Bob with the big red Heep showed up, perfect size crew for a run. I offered to make Bob an honorary Toyota owner, 'cuz he bought the Heep before he new better.

OK, another day, another bumper incident. I hit these things more than I stub my toes. I made it up the woodpecker front bumper offender no problem or incident - guess I figured out the line on the 3rd time through. So we ran through a little of that and Box Canyon Road to the Martinez turnoff and had a good ride to just before Martinez. The trail got kinda rocky and it started raining so we turned back just shy of the cabin.

Riding back, I chose what seemed the easy line after J&J took the high tippy thing. Well, I just couldn't push the rocks outta the way and must slid to the left at least a foot and a half, 'cuz I put my truck in reverse, let out the clutch and took out a reflector on my rear bumper.

Then it was out thru the box in a nice little rain. All the brush was heavy from the rain and it was like the drive thru car wash, plus a nice running stream to spalsh trough. I'll post pics as soon as I resize the durn things...

Last edited:
Smooth road and nice vistas
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg

HJ60 wheels, and yes the camera was straight.
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:
Well ,this is the only one I could post, but suffice it to say that FJ40LVR keeps testing his supension and saying he is running open diffs - I haven't seen it stop him yet.
IMG_0059.jpg

And Bob, well he was just out there having fun and eating dust...
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg

Your first pic looks like the road into the cabins in Martinez......Is it?
If so, did you get to the infamous "downed tree"? Was the sign still up and is access still allowed?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Sean

It is, no sign, looks as if the tree was cleared and the bypass blocked.

Heres a few from my vantage point......
60 ledge 2.JPG
Bumper Rock.JPG
Carl on ledge.JPG

FJ40LVR keeps testing his supension and saying he is running open diffs - I haven't seen it stop him yet.[/quote]

Always testing, tweeking, generally never happy with anything untill i rebuild it three times!
suspension 1.JPG
100_1854.JPG

Hey ToolsRUs - :flipoff2:
Hey BMAN - :flipoff2:
I do wheel from time to time.
And plan to do more of it. Just gotta find the money.
Blues Dawg - thanks again for leading us out there. It was a blast. Good to be back in the saddle again.
Fortunately, Heather had fun. too (with the aid of a lil Vicodin to keep her back from hurting). She'll be on future runs as well.

Blues Dawg - thanks again for leading us out there. It was a blast. Good to be back in the saddle again.
Fortunately, Heather had fun. too (with the aid of a lil Vicodin to keep her back from hurting). She'll be on future runs as well.

Lead, follow - down the wrong wash...
Woulda been a longer run - and prolly more of a challenge - w/o the Goof Prevention Sensor. I had a great time and am glad Heather enjoyed. Karen got a kick out of driving and could driven longer if I had a Vicodin (or 2)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom