Sunday July 3 Day Trip? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can only get away for a day but was thinking maybe a trip to the cool pines of Pyatte. A little play, a little picnic lunch. Maybe the up and over instead of in & out. Any interest? Suggested alternatives?

I can only get away for a day but was thinking maybe a trip to the cool pines of Pyatte. A little play, a little picnic lunch. Maybe the up and over instead of in & out. Any interest? Suggested alternatives?

Still going to be 100°. Consider the back way up Mt Ord ends at ~8,000 for a nice cool lunch. Then down the dirt road to get home.

The back way last year was washed out, rutted, and off camber. :D

:hmm: that is a :cool: area back there. IIRC there a few trails that still need exploring? :hmm:

Forecast for Payson; 92F, clouds, 30% chance of showers. IIRC we have been rained on just about every time, so that is normal?

Howdy! I had a family event pop up for Sunday, so my holiday weekend is about wiped out, cause I got a shot a couple of extra shifts at work, so I'm gonna grab the money before I run!!:bounce::bounce2:

Michael wants to test out the new shocks

we are thinking of 4 Peaks Road and maybe FR13 - just a couple of hours

The :hillbilly: solution before I spend real money; singles were too soft, rears happen to fit front in the quad shock position :)... but on the right side the spring plate/u-bolt may hit the second shock body...
DSC01494.JPG
DSC01495.JPG

'may hit'...? Shouldn't you find out before you destroy the shock?

If I would have seen this earlier I would have went...

we just came back from The Rolls. . .

Michael likes the shock set-up :D

we had a boatanchor moment :whoops: :eek:

and I mangled it again :rolleyes: the transfer case shifter knob cracked when I went into 2LO - it's only like 40 years old plastic :doh:

BTW, the 4 Peaks Road gate is closed at the Cottonwood Camp turnoff

Sycamore Creek Road gate is closed

and the cactus jail is now a large parking lot

'may hit'...? Shouldn't you find out before you destroy the shock?

That was the purpose of this little jaunt. It clears, apparently with some room to spare.
This setup seems to reduce the front bounce significantly :). Now I have to find a way to calm down the rear axle...

:eek: shiny chrome :cool: always looks cool

Heck, I gave up before 09:00...went shopping and out to lunch for Burritos...

Burritos and you did not invite us....

:eek: shiny chrome :cool: always looks cool
I removed the Moab-red coating before I installed the shocks :hillbilly:

And the 'boat anchor moment' was on FR13 :eek:. 2-wheel drive, street pressure, downhill ruts, tried to cross over to check clearances once the right front is compressed, didn't want to climb, both diffs aground for good. Locked, 4WD - nope, stacked rocks - nope, strap - nope, shovel for clearance - nope. Hi-lift. :rolleyes:

I removed the Moab-red coating before I installed the shocks :hillbilly:

And the 'boat anchor moment' was on FR13 :eek:. 2-wheel drive, street pressure, downhill ruts, tried to cross over to check clearances once the right front is compressed, didn't want to climb, both diffs aground for good. Locked, 4WD - nope, stacked rocks - nope, strap - nope, shovel for clearance - nope. Hi-lift. :rolleyes:

Pics or it didn't happen.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom