Sun Roof Wind Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got the OEM one along with the window deflectors. The sunvisor has worn holes through the paint on my roof down to bare metal. Likely wasn't installed properly from the beginning, but it's something to be careful of.

The parts gurus will know if they're still available. Took mine off and noticed more wind noise coming from above since doing that. On the other hand the two small brackets that mount the sunroof put small indentations into the sunroof gasket and the deflector gasket leaves a wear mark in the paint, FWIW.

They all wear the paint. Don't use them.

I like mine.

I have the JDM model and I "think" it is slightly different than the US-spec model. It came with a small/short winglet thingy that you can tilt up or down to get wind to come inside the cabin. It also use to say "LAND CRUISER" in white. (Again, it might be the same as the one offered in the US though).

Good luck!!

I really like mines. It takes away the wind noise. I got mines free. People say that it rubs the paint off and collects rubbish. My truck is garage kept so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Well, I was angling for an OEM for an LX450. But now I'm curious; got a picture?
rScotty

Ask and ye shall receive...

Here are some pics of the OEM LC100 visor.

It's pretty much the same, except the one for the 80 (that I've seen) does have "LAND CRUISER" in white in the front part of it, off to one side.

Sunroof visor.jpg
Sunroof visor2.jpg
Sunroof visor3.jpg

Mot is just blessed.

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Ask and ye shall receive...

Here are some pics of the OEM LC100 visor.

It's pretty much the same, except the one for the 80 (that I've seen) does have "LAND CRUISER" in white in the front part of it, off to one side.
Hey Mot,

You have a part # on the JDM one for an 80? Or can you get one?

Thanks!

I know I "used to" have it.

I would not be too shocked if it has been discontinued, like the window visors and the rear wing/visor.

I'll do some digging, but please don't hold your breath. It's not good for you. :hillbilly:

Mot

Mot, thanks. It's worth a shot. I know I got one of the last new US sunroof deflectors a few months ago (thank God). Still sitting in the box at this point. But I'd happily part with it for that JDM one :D

it always cracks me up how much English gets used in the JDM catalogs - This is from the 20 page 95+ LC accessories JDM catalog covering the 80 and 70 series.
Picture 1.jpg

If there are, they are in Japanese. I don't read Japanese. Staggering how much stuff they offered for JDM and 3rd world that USA did not get...

Flank, that badboy have any part #s on it??

(I'm not Flank, but) No PN on the catalog!

I've had a notebook full (not quite) full of PN's while I was in Japan. I "thought" I had brought it with me.

I'm going to have to do some digging and see if I can find it and also if it happens to be in the notebook.

WOW!!

Even my wife had almost given up on locating the said notebook when I unearthed a box that I had brought back from Las Vegas about a year ago which contained my amplifier and the notebook. :eek:

ANYWAY, since these JDM accessories were not obtainable in the US system, at least when I had them checked a while ago, I am pessimistic about our chances of being able to obtain these over here.

BUT, stranger things have happened, so those of you who are in a position to run the PN, knock yourself out!

Sunroof Visor: 08616-60020

Rear Visor: 08616-60040

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

Best,

Mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom