sun roof seal,anyone changed one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BOZ

Threads
I went out side today only to find a squirle eating my sun roof seal. I had noticed the rubber a bit messed up and a leak when it really rained hard.

Now I know why and its bad enough to replace, has any one done this?

I cant even find the parts.

Can someone add some info to this. Trust me I am already locked and loaded on the culprits, I just need the know how and where to get this part.

I know the Lexus dealer will say it comes standerd on all new Lexus models and dont want to have to take to the dealer.

Thanks

Boz

From what I understand the seal only comes with a new sunroof glass, IIRC new it is over $1K

That is not what I wanted to hear. I hope I have a rodent clause in my insurance.

Boz

The seal is serviced as part of the glass.

BOZ said:
Trust me I am already locked and loaded on the culprits

Boz,
If your weapon of choice is a shotgun, I suggest you hold your shot until they are clear of the roof.

-B-

CD- so am I clear on that the two are seperate or boght in one part.

Boz

Boz,

If you are asking if the glass and rubber gasket are seperate, unless I'm misinformed, they are not. Due to this fact, there are lots of us running around with slightly damaged or old gaskets on our sun roofs. Too much coin to replace. I don't recall reading about anyone being sucessful at getting anyone (like a sunroof shop) to replace it for them either.

BOZ said:
That is not what I wanted to hear. I hope I have a rodent clause in my insurance.

Boz

If you have glass coverage, a broken sunroof would get a new seal with the new glass, would that be rodent coverage? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom