Summit radiator to 350 lower hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What hose works good with a 350 and Summit radiator. I bent up a coat hanger but couldnt find one at the local parts store. Its hard to find one that fits when the outlet of the radiator is higher than the output of the waterpump.

What hose works good with a 350 and Summit radiator. I bent up a coat hanger but couldnt find one at the local parts store. Its hard to find one that fits when the outlet of the radiator is higher than the output of the waterpump.

I suspect that you didnt look hard enough...hate to say. The guyz at kragen let me go back and weed through all their hoses. I ended up finding them, but I had to look at the hose in its entirety and chop off the ends and such.
Also...Summit sells a flexable rad. hose. Donno if you tried that or not, but its good if you dont need a lot of twists and turns. Mine is pretty tight and the runs of hose are short. Kind of a bitch to be honest, but...its MINE!:D
002 (3).jpg
004 (2).jpg

The problem is the outlet of the radiator is tilted up and in while the waterpump is pointing down and out.

Ill have to try one of the other stores, the one I went to had a bunch of hoses but none the right size.

Have you seen the stainless steel hose? It might work...

Summit Racing SUM-390036 - Summit Racing® Stainless Steel Flexible Hoses

After a dozen trips to auto parts store I finally went with it. A little pricey but works good. Available in different lengths, the 36" cut in two worked for both top and bottom. Don't know if that will work for your situation. I went with a radiator from Howe, around $220 IIRC and they welded the lower fitting to my specs.

Im going to check again and a different store tomorrow. It might be easier to get the lower outlet cut off and rewelded at a better angle.

I found 2 curved hoses and then spliced them with a copper sleave, so I made an S that swiveled in the middle to get the right angle. Works good no leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom