Summit radiator mounting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started making mounts for the summit radiator going into my 40. Looked at a bunch of different mounts, and it seems as everyone is mounting them differently.

I ended up bending some aluminum strap to fit between the radiator on the bottom. I was planning on riveting them to the radiator then using some sort of rubber mount between the radiator and the frame.

Havent quite decided on a mount for the top yet. Just looking for criticism on what I have so far. Pics of other brackets would help too.

Photo194.jpg

Photo195.jpg

When I mounted mine I used aluminum box that just fit inside the edges of the radiator like your bracket does. I through bolted the bracket where you plan to rivet. I got some cheapo motor mounts to isolate the radiator from the stock mounts and it works good so far. I would be careful with bending the aluminum it can work harden and develop cracks.

Here was a link in Hardcore: https://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/443409-radiatior-mount-shroud.html

Last edited:
There are some pics of my install in recent "what have you done to your LC this week" thread. I bought some larger 2" diameter rubber isolators with 3/8" stud on one side and 3/8 f thread on the other for the bottom and smaller 1" x 1/4" ones for the top. Used rubber washers top and bottom of the aluminum channel and a nylon bushing between the stud and the channel where it goes thru. Bought the mounts and channel from amazon.com. riveted the channel to the radiator like you propose. Its only been a couple weeks but is holding up nicely so far.

I'd be interested in your shroud ideas. I think I am going to try the DIY fiberglass type, looks like a oem shroud.

I'm running a Gates hose. I went to Orielly Auto Parts with the shape and length that I needed and matched it to what they had. I'd recommend going w/ Gates if you can.

nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom