1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer school update ( a little long, but I needed to vent!)

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Zack1978, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    Hey everyone,
    As some of you may know, I am the prin of the summer school program in the district that I teach in. Well with the registration out of the way, yesterday was the first day with the kids. I am running 2 periods a day, and the grade range is 7-12, all subjects. I have about 95 kids in the program. Well yesterday 1 st period was perfect. I actually was thinking to myself what do I do, it is going so well.

Then second period started, and the s***e started hitting the fan. The Social Studies teacher that I hired is teaching middle school kids 1st period, and HS kids second. She did fine with the MS kids , but she is not capable of teaching HS kids. I spent most of period 2 yesterday and today in her room dealing with the kids. She is not cut out for HS at all. So I guess I should have done a better job in the interview, but now I am stuck! So my answer was to split her HS class, and hire another teacher. I was lucky to get a teacher at the late date, but he will be starting on Thursday. So I guess that was my first major screw up!!.

The other problem is that my girlfriend ( who is also a teacher) stopped in today to bring me some food, and took a walk down the halls with me. We get to the "problem" teachers class, and she said that I am having problems because " I hired her with my dick, not my head". I don't even think that the "problem" teacher is cute, and I did use my head in hiring her. I was so stressed at the time, that I did not even think about who was hot or not! So needless to say the g/f is mad at me. Sometimes she makes me crazy!

Have a great day everyone,
    Zack

2. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Last paragraph reminds me of a T-shirt a guy was wearing at the gym today. Right across his chest read "I'm With Stupid" and below that statement was an arrow pointing down! Got a great laugh out of that one.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

3. crushers

crushers post ho SILVER Star

your girlfriend is just jealous, ignore it. she should have been able to see you were stressed and should have been supportive nstead of a jab like that... maybe you need to take ht esummer off from the girlfriend...

hope your summer classes come around and you end up enjoying yourself...
    everyone makes mistakes, cricky it is your first time? right?
    don't be so hard on yourself...

4. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

There's only one solution to this:

Now you have to bang the "problem" teacher. It is prophesied.

If (or should I say when) your girlfriend finds out, tell her it's her fault. She put the idea into your head. Self-fulfilling prophecy, and all that. Couldn't be helped. She was right. You were thinking with your dick. Then tell her to **** off.

No offense, my man, but any woman that uses an opportunity like this one to further stress you out, when you're about at your limit ain't your girlfriend. The word "friend" is an integral part of "girlfriend" and anyone who pecks you when you're down isn't loyal, and isn't nice.

I'm married. My wife is my friend. When I'm stressed out, whether or not it's my own fault, she provides support and catharsis. She helps. She might advise, but she does it with a certain amount of sensitivity. I do the same for her. If I were you, I'd look for better qualities in my female companions. Start with trust.

I worked in education too for a while, teaching English. That field is chock-a-block smart, single hotties. You seem like a good guy. The world should be your oyster. Don't put up with any bull.

5. srafj40

srafj40

Dude, yer right on.

6. proffittscruisers

proffittscruisers Supporting Vendor

Quit teaching school and start a cruiser shop. That's what I did.

7. OZCAL

OZCAL

It's true. If you're getting heat for something, you might as well have done it. Any pics of the problem teacher?

8. kckcruiser

kckcruiser

This thread is useless....

... without pictures :flipoff2:

9. mabrodis

mabrodis

Hmm...

Is the 'problem' teacher, Debra Beasley Lafave of Florida? :D She's GREAT with middle school kids I hear!!) :D (see this thread)

10. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for the support. The new teacher starts on Thursday, I can't wait! But I did have a good laugh today. At the end of the day a parent calls and asks me if her daughter has been in class, and if she has been on time. The kid has been fine, as I told the mother. So the mother says" Oh good, because my daughter never tells the truth, and she is a ho, so I just wanted to check up on her". I was rolling after that one. I will keep everyone updated!

Thanks,
    Zack