Summer Cruiser sigthings.... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry for the delay guys, enjoy:D
icon (Medium).jpg

FJ62 for sale in middletown CT its on ball fall road/east st (not sure what its called at this house it changes) but it is about a mile off route 66 in middlefield CT

was light/dark blue

Last edited:
Saw an faded red FJ40 with a black top in a mill parking lot off Columbus in Pawtucket. I was driving the 45 and was going to stop but it wasn't a public parking lot.

FJ62 for sale in middletown CT its on ball fall road/east st (not sure what its called at this house it changes) but it is about a mile off route 66 in middlefield CT

was like/dark blue

That guy wants way too much for that truck. 1500 if I remember correctly. VERY rusty, used it to launch his boat. 250K+

Saw the same color (two tone blues) 62 on a flatbed on 84 near West Hartford last week.
Saw an olive BJ40 in New Haven last week. Local truck, purchased from Greg Mushro (Vintage). Nice truck but startin to blister. Lefty, 3B, 5 speed, supposed to be a Vatican rig. (He should be callin you about a Troopy, Kina)
And yesterday was a good cruiser day too. Went to a flea market in New Milford in the am. Passed the neighbors 62 on the way. Then one of the vendors was haulin his wares in his nice blue 62. Very little cancer, 275K, and no, he wouldn't haggle. From there we went to pick up the lease to the the new house we're renting (YAY!). It's a little cottage on a lake and I decided to go check out the end of the dead end road it's on. Turns out there are only three more houses so I go to turn around in the last driveway, and what's sittin near the house? a 70 series! Cool neighbors! Two diesels in a week! To be continued...
And to top it off, we sat down to watch "The Soloist" (great movie) and in the previews there is the no smoking commercial with the blue 60. I gotta wear my YT shirt more often! I think i mentioned something to Kristyn about never taking it off actually.

crappy cellphone pic
0809091403[1] (2) (320 x 240).jpg

That guy wants way too much for that truck. 1500 if I remember correctly. VERY rusty, used it to launch his boat. 250K+

You're right on the price and rust, high on the miles....only 140K, and it's not running. :grinpimp:

Where are all these 70's coming from? I see a 75 pickup in Saybrook often, think it's the guy with the off road school in E. Haddam.

I know that guy in Haddam. Every diesel truck I post up he calls up and lowballs me saying how they aren't worth anything in Australia or overseas. He actually is a nice guy though.

I know that guy in Haddam. Every diesel truck I post up he calls up and lowballs me saying how they aren't worth anything in Australia or overseas. He actually is a nice guy though.

not worth anything over seas that guy needs a bitch slap back to reality :hillbilly:

drove all the way to Bar Harbor ME from Albany NY...spent a week up there at a friends...and did not see a single land cruiser in the 1000 miles of driving around.

will be going back to ME on sunday...maybe i'll see some? or....are they all rusted away in ME? :)

Well Johnny, if your taking Rte202 I'll drive the two miles to park on the side of the road. That way you can say you at least saw one! :hillbilly:

A guy in my town has a white 40 for sale. I've seen it driving around a few times. It looks it has a Gozzard body, a V8, and 36's. I saw it on CL for $20k.

...if your taking Rte202 I'll drive the two miles to park on the side of the road. That way you can say you at least saw one! ...

I was thinking I should change the way we go :steer: just to see you parked there....however...your truck is probably the same as I've seen it 9 years ago :hillbilly:

with the inlaws in the minivan....it will be a LONG drive :crybaby:

I saw a NICE LOOKING fj55 Friday on rt.109 in Millis MA.. it was like a metallic brown/gold color.. seemed pretty beefy.. i didn't get a good look.. wanted to stop but was running late.. but it inspired an enthusiastic BEEEP from my 40.. :cool: NICE PIG!!

Saw an FJ40 with a yellow front and an unpainted stainless steel tub and white spoke wheels at Star Market in Millis MA two weeks ago. Didn't have my phone with me so couldn't take pics.

Passed my buddy Dustin in his cream puff 62 in Durham, then passed a 75? 40, green, topless, 33's... crossin 66 near the Red Dog in Middlefield (not Jimmy)

Passed a mint stocker 60, red, antique plates in Manchester near Manchester Honda.

All recognized my faux cruiser (4runner) and gave a proper thumbs up!

Last edited:
drove all the way to Bar Harbor ME from Albany NY...spent a week up there at a friends...and did not see a single land cruiser in the 1000 miles of driving around.

will be going back to ME on sunday...maybe i'll see some? or....are they all rusted away in ME? :)

If you had headed toward the middle part of the state, you probably would have seen quite a few. Within a 20-mile radius of Waterville, you'll find a bunch of FJ 40s: a '72, a '73 (mud member), a '74, a '75, two '76s, and two '78s (one of which is mine).

If you expand the range a bit, you'll find more Land Cruisers, including a '79 FJ 40 (mud member), and three others that belong to yet another mud member ----> an '82 BJ42 and two Troopies.

If mine ever gets back from the painter, maybe I can visit my sister on the coast when you're on your way to Bar Harbor. If we time it right, you can add one sighting to your list.:)

I saw a really nice built up blue FJ62 with VT plates on Rt 9 on the east side of Bennington, VT this afternoon. About five minutes after seeing the FJ62, I passed a lifted red FJ60 with NH plates. A couple of sweet Cruisers for sure, anyone in YT?

spotted a nice lifted and armored fj cruiser on a newyork interstate 2 weeks ago and saw an 80 yesterday:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom