Suggestions on selling my 1987 FJ60 - your thoughts are appreciated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to sell my 1987 FJ60 to a member of this community - to someone who knows and appreciates this vehicle. No flippers, no scams. She still drives, is licensed etc. After 35-years (i am the original owner), it's time to let her hit a trail(s). Do buyers here prefer a listing in the IH8MUD classifieds? I suppose with notes and photos? What would you need to know to make an informed purchase decision? How about pricing? I see some crazy asking prices out there. If there's a good thread here on listing, I couldn't find it. Thanks for looking! dave

1987-fj60-side.jpg

It will take more information and pictures to give you a price range. Lots of pictures, how many miles, what has been done to it.

With just the rust I see you can forget about any top of market price.

Craigslist local and Facebook marketplace are your best bets. You can stick an ad in the fj60 classifieds section of mud. Be sure to post lots of well lit pictures of the whole truck. Inside and out. Top and bottom. Front and back. Etc. the body problems in your first picture will push the selling price down. Hard to say where without seeing the rest. But in today’s market I’d wager you are in the 5k to 8k range depending on everything else.

When I sold my last vehicle, I did a walk around video of the whole thing slowly. Inside and out. Top and bottom. It was kinda boring but it left nothing hidden. I highlighted the problem spots too (rust).

I then uploaded it YouTube with a private link address and shared it with interested potential buyers so that they knew the vehicle well before spending the time to see it in person.
Looky Loo buyers are a major time waster- those who have no intention of buying but just want to check it out.
My vehicle sold in about 6 weeks advertised in Craigslist to a local buyer in the neighborhood.

Thanks for all the advice. I did some videos as suggested and have them on YouTube. Please search on YouTube for "fj60 dave", there are 7-videos in my channel. i appreciate your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom