Suggestions on painting repro bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need suggestions on painting my new repro bezel from southbostonfj. Currently the 40 is painted white with everything else being black. Rims, both bumpers, interior and external storage box are all black. I do plan on going to tan interior and a tan or brown OEM style soft top. I am going to paint the entire bezel t12 white. My question comes in weither or not to paint the stamped Land Cruiser lettering another color or leave it all white. If the vote is to paint the lettering then what color? I was thinking tan, brown or black. I am trying to get away from all of the black on the white 40. All suggestions are welcome both the good and bad. Borrowed the bezel pic from Alex.

DSC_00932.jpg

Paint it the stock color...

Cygnus white (t12) is the factory color. I am painting all of the bezel that color but was wondering if I should paint the Land Cruiser lettering stamped in the bezel a different color than the bezel or leave it all white. If I paint the stamped letters a different color what color would look good?

all the black accessories will clash with a brown/tan top alot more than with your bezel.

i think that it would look better to have the letters painted black with a white bezel, i mean.... why have a stamped bezel if it is hard to read?

Magenta.

Definitely magenta.

Next thread will be...

Does this bezel make my truck look fat?

:beer:

I would paint it cygnus white - that primer is pretty thick stuff too so you probably just have to prep it and paint right over it (i did this for my bows and the paint has held up very nice) - Ehsan's doors had filler to make them look straight since his guys literally make them by hand - i wouldn't be surprised if that has some filler too but you won't find anything that good lucking for that good of a price - so I would definitely not sandblast it and powdercoat it if you were thinking that route - you'd make more headache for yourself in the long run

Last edited:
Magenta.

Definitely magenta.

Damn I am honored now, Poser chimed in. Yes he did it in his normal fashon. Hell, even the wife would be pissed if I painted it that color. My 40's name is Betsy, so the next question is going to be does the new bezel make my headlights stick out.

PS: In my original post I stated both the good and bad comments so I was already thinking ahead just for you Poser.

Last edited:
and by painted white i mean the letters too - the fact that it is so subtle makes it unique among bezels - if you paint it black it might look from only 20 feet away that you just put some decals on there or painted black letters instead of the stamped letters\

then again do what YOU want!

x2 on all white. if you must paint them, black

and by painted white i mean the letters too - the fact that it is so subtle makes it unique among bezels - if you paint it black it might look from only 20 feet away that you just put some decals on there or painted black letters instead of the stamped letters\

then again do what YOU want!

AntFj and twoyotas, thank you for your comments I haven't thought of that. The last thing that I want is for it to look cheesy. I guess that I will have to look at it painted white and see how noticeable it is. I don't want it to be bold but simply noticeable.
I know that alot of people swear by powercoating but I have never had much luck with it. It seems to always be thin on the edges and rust eventually gets under it.

Last edited:
OEM was a maroonish color wasnt it? or???

I like black and red...
62fst.jpg
2red01.jpg

Looks like about half say black, half say white....OK one magenta....Split the difference, and go GRAY

Man you guys are killing me, maroon and majenta. I will see what it looks like on your 40 first. Not:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom