Suggestions on black wheels for 200 Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was hoping some of you here could offer me some advice on black wheels that will fit my 2008 200 Toyota Land Cruiser. I have seen lots of great pictures of others here that have done this with their trucks looking great now. I want a truck wheel that will be running all terrain tires on an otherwise stock set up. It would be great to find a TRD Toyota wheel or even any Toyota wheel but I have not seen much in a black color. Maybe, I should be having the stock wheels powder coated matte black but I'm not sure how well that works out long term? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

If you're not rock crawling and refrain from using caustic cleaners on your PC'd wheels, they'll look good for a good long time.

Look at my build thread in my signature. I purchased aluminum Tundra wheels and powder coated them black and then bought TRD Pro caps and they look exactly like the expensive TRD Pro Black Rims

I powder coated the Rock Warrior wheels black. No issues.

image.jpeg
Here are my black TRD wheels... They are from a 2016 Tundra TRD...

On my LX, I wanted to go to an 18" rim and away from the 20s. I bought a set of 5 2010 Tundra rims, with hubcaps for $100 cash. I then had them powder coated for another $400, for a total of just over $500 with tax. I did not pick black, but a dark grey. You could do something similar to any rim that you like. These just happen to be a very good price and I think that they turned out fairly well.
20160409_154525.jpg

I made them...

Ok, so I took the Toyota emblem off, painted them, and applied Lexus emblems to the painted product.

Yeah, I made them... let's go with that.

If you are going to run OEM wheels painted black at least get some spacers. The OEM offsets, including rock warriors make the 200 look lame.

7DAAF01C-C80E-454A-8350-F15909174E18.jpeg
Im staying with in spec on my rig. No spacers and no UCA as my suspension in the front is 40mm in lift. I do believe the 2016 + wheels sit out 4-6 mm further out than previous LC wheels.
I don’t like the trimming of plastic in the wheel well to get a look. I’m more go than show I guess. Good luck brah!

Here is mine with black rims.
IMG_3963.JPG

I think the majority of the Toyota Rim's for the 08+ Tundra/Sequia/LC/LX, are likely to be that +60 offset. I think there are few choice in the +50 offset.

I am running a +20 offset black Fuel trophy wheel stock size 285/60/18 tires on my 11 Cruiser, I order them again for 18 Cruiser and had them on my 17 Tundra that I traded for my 18 Cruiser.

I really love the look of that 18x9 +20 Trophy rim, but they do require a wheel flair if you don't want any poke.
They also typically will create a slight rub in full lock revers maneuvers with stock size tires.

Fuel Trophy wheels DD551 ? 20MM OFFSET 18X9

s-l225.jpg

I think an 18x9 with a +30 or +35 would be the ideal offset for stance and likely no rub issues, but I have never found a rim I liked with that offset. Most aftermarket 18x9s have that same +20 offset that the wheels I have been buying have.

I have also done the powder coat thing on some of my Chevy pickups in years past, never had any issues with powder coated OEM rims.
Typically I have spent in the 200-350 range to get different sets of OE wheels powder coated. The higher price was when I had them do added clear coat on one set. Never saw really much difference in the ones I had gloss black and clear coated vs the ones I just had coated gloss black no clear coat.

Last edited:
I really like my Steelies. Much cheaper than alloys and a couple of pounds lighter each than the stock wheels.

IMG_20191114_162837064_HDR.jpg

Are you riding on stock suspension? Do you happen to know the model of wheel amd offset? Thanks in advance!

No lift, completely stock in this picture.
wheels Fuel Vectors 18X9 5x150 20 mm offset
tires 285/65/18 BFG KO2's
minimal rub cured with a heat gun to one small spot on the plastic fender liners to push them out a bit. Its a great simple set up that changes the whole look of the truck.

That picture was from 2 years ago, now looks like this. Same wheels :)
20200209_131026.jpg

Last edited:
18” Method NV +25

5A955B84-C478-4615-8088-2F6C30A675B6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom