Suggestions for wheel on my spare tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It turns out the wheel on my spare tire is very rusted and won’t seal. I’m looking at options for cheap replacement wheels. Tire rack shows only one wheel for the factory 15” wheel size and it’s an Ultra Type 164 in polished aluminum for $178.78. I’d prefer a simple painted steel wheel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Doing some more searching, I’ve seen wheels with different offsets Listed for the fj62. Tire rack had the Ultra type 164 with an offset of -9 and ProPartsuSA has an American racing at -6 mm offset. Will eith of these work?

Go find late 80's early 90's 4Runner or pick up, they came with 15". Can't go wrong with factory rims.

Post in your local clubhouse (or tire and wheel section of classifieds) that you want a stock 60 wheel. :meh:

@Dannyboy175 I actually have a spare 60 rim I’m looking to get rid of for cheap. I don’t know how I ended up with 6 total in the first place! I don’t know how much shipping would cost so that’s the only catch.

You could sandblast and paint it.

It turns out the wheel on my spare tire is very rusted and won’t seal. I’m looking at options for cheap replacement wheels. Tire rack shows only one wheel for the factory 15” wheel size and it’s an Ultra Type 164 in polished aluminum for $178.78. I’d prefer a simple painted steel wheel. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you're looking for a cheap replacement wheel, your best bet is to check out websites like wheelssize.com. They have a lot of information on wheels for different makes and models of cars. Another option is to search for wheels on eBay. You might be able to find a good deal on a used set of wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom