Suggestions for a waterproof cover for an 80 series that will be stored outside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an 80 that I won't be driving for several months. Unfortunately it will have to be parked outside my house. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good waterproof, UV proof, cover that will fit an 80 series lifted 3" on 35s?

Lot's of options, but it's hard to tell what best fits since I have spare tire carrier and a rack on top- so I'm reaching out to you fine folks ;)

TIA

Last edited:
I think I bought mine from Car Covers dot com (??or cover craft). I got one of the mid-level covers (??~$250 on "sale"); after 2-3 years in the Southeastern US (high UV exposure) it started to tear where there was some stress. If you can park it under a roof (carport) of any sort out of the sun it would last longer.

Amazon sells car covers by length and vehicle type. I got one for under $40 that has lasted over a year. It's not looking great at this point, but at that price I'm ok with replacing it.

I have a covercraft I paid maybe 5-600 for a few years ago made of sunbrella, if I recall. I use it when I have my garage tied up for work. Its held up very well in my opinion.

I’ve been poking around and the common theme seems to be 3 or 5 layer for the price range I’m looking for. I have a feeling most of these come from a handful of the same suppliers. With the exception of your $600+ covercraft ones. Torn between a mid grade covercraft or a higher grade Amazon / Motor Trend 😂

This is what I would recommend. They make great covers. Buy a good quality cover to protect your vehicle. Cheap covers degrade quickly in sunny environments.
California Car Cover

I've used a couple of their products and they are well made and last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom