Suggestions...camp trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Brittan, I've got a Conqueror BaseCamp that I picked up in the furry last Feb. We REALLY like it and it's built really well. You're more than welcome to take a look at it and get some ideas. They also come up for sale from time to time and like Kevin said...part of it is just get out and determining what you need from there.

LOL , is there a trailer under all that MUD?! :beer:

Cool thing is, after it dries, nothing moves, better than tie downs..;)

Look at KamperRoo as well.

get a canoe

Forget trailers buy a Canoe better yet get the OLD TOWN Camper Canoe Package.Used to go camping in a 1971 VW Super Beatle witha 16 ft Canoe on the roof right side up you can haul all your camping need in the canoe tent sleeping bags ,pots ,pans ,water ice chest ,paddles ect .No tires to blow nothing for DMV not tags won't flip on trails.If you can't fit all the stuff for a family of 4 in a canoe and the cruiser you got to much stuff.
You cant paddle a trailer at sunset fish from it you can go more places Plus if stuck in a river while crossing its a canoe, WILL ALL BE LIVING TRAILERS SHORTLY ANYWAY

I know this isn't ever going to be in Australian 4WD Monthly or even AZ redneck monthly, but it is functional. I took an old Chevy luv trailer conversion (looked for the toy one like it just couldn't find one).
After a spring over, new shocks, set of 33's off Craig's list, rack, RTT and a couple coats of rattle can.
She set sail... I've been very happy with it. I've seen water installed in something similar using the gas filler and I'm still working on power, the hitch, a slide out,and extra storage. The tags are permanent unlike my airstream. The trunk is lockable and dust / water proof I want to raise it and add storage under it and the trailer is light enough for the 60. All in all 780.00 invested.
DSC01997.JPG
DSC02001resized.jpg
IMG_0384resized.jpg

Last edited:
Me likey :D Looks good. Do you mind if I ask how much total do you think you have invested (less the tent & accessories) in the finished trailer.

Me likey :D Looks good. Do you mind if I ask how much total do you think you have invested (less the tent & accessories) in the finished trailer.

I picked up the trailer for 300, tires / wheels 100, shocks 50, rack and misc 60, tent was 300ish still thanking re_guderian every time I sleep in it.
Right at 800 give or take 20.00 for the whole shabang.

O' forgot to mention the beers to those two nice gentlemen who brought my ladders down from moab.

Last edited:
Howdy! I'm (way too slowly) working on doing a similar setup on a Toyota mini frame and bed. Did you use the original axle or fab one up? There are a lot of variations on home growns on the Mud Trailer list. John

Howdy! I'm (way too slowly) working on doing a similar setup on a Toyota mini frame and bed. Did you use the original axle or fab one up? There are a lot of variations on home growns on the Mud Trailer list. John

I used the stock axle. I did look at some heavy duty trailer axles but, it just seemed easier to use what was on it.

Also, my fab skills fall into the challenged arena not the gifted arena. Example: awhile back BMAN told me to go get some RTV and I went and looked it up in the Urban dictionary because i thought he was insulting me :)

Come on Brittan - post up some pics of the new toy!

sweet, I think you made the right move Brittan. Let's get out camping sometime.

Cool, are you going to show it off at the meet next Friday?

I'll plan on bringing her by...(edit) if I can find a dust cover for the hub.

No grill...but I can bring the dutch ovens...cobbler anyone?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom