Sudden long brake pedal travel!?! #amigonnahitatree? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Uhhh guys,.,Why does it feel like I lost a ton of brake pressure last night and I have like 50% more pedal travel,.,.stops kinda good I guess.. but that pedal travel even makes it take longer,.,.it bites,.,.but not til I'm at the floor,.,.my abs light is on,.,.kinda weird,.,.if I spool up the revs and try to hit the brake there's is almost no bite even at the bottom,.,. Until the revs drop... Then it bites...huh

Last edited:
See any signs of leakage around the master cylinder? How about the soft lines to the calipers?

check the vacuum line going to brake booster,if brittle/cracked or slips off the nipple real easy replace it

Hope this helps

20200905_112430.jpg

20200905_112304.jpg

20200905_112209.jpg

20200905_112420.jpg

So last week I checked my brake fluid and it looked,,.well like s***, but there was plenty of it...now that thing is empty for the most part...the seal seemed strong, it was fully sealed over the top whether it's cracking or not I have to check... definitely gonna pick up the fluid,.,.in the odyssey!

20200905_112114.jpg

20200905_112026.jpg

20200905_112048.jpg

20200905_112114.jpg

Dude you know ur talking to the car right,.,.he said he doesn't know how to fix it only do bad ass other s***,.,.don't worry I got it covered ;)

20200905_135221.jpg

Now pls tell me I bought the wrong line! Barf!
Only 21 bucks fine but I gotta wait til Wednesday...time to rent a Porscha l mao

Dude, the whole rear end is crusty AF. I thought mine was bad. Better soak it with fluid film. Really though, when I did my lift, just moving the brake hard lines on the axle broke one. I honestly shouldn’t have been driving it like it was . . .it’s all been replaced now and the LSPV is gone too. I’d recommend doing that ‘while you’re in there’. Just be prepared to get at the one line you’ll use when bypassing(up on the frame by the fuel tank) and get a bender and a flaring tool as well . . .you’ll never regret having them around. Especially if you intend to go further down the path you’re already on.

Dude you know ur talking to the car right,.,.he said he doesn't know how to fix it only do bad ass other s***,.,.don't worry I got it covered ;)

View attachment 2426950
Now pls tell me I bought the wrong line! Barf!
Only 21 bucks fine but I gotta wait til Wednesday...time to rent a Porscha l mao

:rolleyes:

Hey it's grim times over here :rofl:
That's my DAILY! I guess I'm just trying to laugh it off, but brakes just bumped heater control valve, oil pump, distributor, phh egr and everything else I'm baselining down a notch :meh:
So part is on the way, ordered all the hardlines and soft lines too. I'm overall happy I'm getting new lines cause pad n roters r looking good

Thanks
@greentruck you were first!!! And more importantly right!
@fz1boxer good suggestion
@jonheld for the ⚡quick eye
@Saito thank you for the great info, I'm hoping fluid film is that solution for me slowly but surely digging into every crevice!! :crybaby: gotta cut my teeth somehow,., Tryna save a truck too! :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Fluid Film will slow the rust considerably, but not stop it completely. Nothing is going to stop it completely unless you start with clean metal.
One of our members sprays FF professionally in Jersey.

Fluid Film will slow the rust considerably, but not stop it completely. Nothing is going to stop it completely unless you start with clean metal.
One of our members sprays FF professionally in Jersey.
Wow great to know it's used in shops too. I'm looking to repair/replace everything I can.
Wire wheels etc, prime n paint, learn the truck and find any bad parts too! I've never worked on cars before this one Soo ya!

Honestly, I spray my truck from tip to tail every October in my driveway. A pneumatic paint sprayer works really well.
Can it be sprayed safely in all areas down there? Is there a clean up for joints necessary it something, safe on the rubber down there?

I can't wait to do something like that as well!!

Can it be sprayed safely in all areas down there? Is there a clean up for joints necessary it something, safe on the rubber down there?

I can't wait to do something like that as well!!
Like I said, from tip to tail and everything in between. My spray gun atomizes very well, so it gets into all the hard to reach places. I have an extention wand for the spray cans for the rockers and all the other nooks and crannies. It smokes a bit off the exhaust, but that dissapates in a few.
I use about 1/2 to 2/3 gallon.

Like I said, from tip to tail and everything in between. My spray gun atomizes very well, so it gets into all the hard to reach places. I have an extention wand for the spray cans for the rockers and all the other nooks and crannies. It smokes a bit off the exhaust, but that dissapates in a few.
I use about 1/2 to 2/3 gallon.
Sounds like a lot but I'm sure it's worth it
Any pics from under there handy?

Yes, that brake line bump.back up in the queue.

Part of "make it stop". I recommend you buy more than just the line you need. You WILL wreck another while you wrestle with this one. Besides, you will have bleed the brakes, may as well do a lot more while in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom