Sudden excessive crankcase pressure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just swapped to a Weber carb.
In the process of adjusting it I looked at my shop floor.
There is a huge puddle of oil. Oil seeping out of oil pan, side cover, and valve cover.
I unscrew the fill cap and the pressure blows it off.

Any thoughts on why an engine that wasn’t doing this when shut off starts doing this the next time it is started?

I have been racking my brain trying to understand how changing the carb could have caused this.

I did tighten down all the cover bolts (they have worked loose over time, compression set of gaskets) so now I don’t have a large growing puddle anymore but still excessive leaking and pressure.

Runs great, no overheating, coolant level normal not changing, coolant not discolored, oil on dipstik and cover not milky. I haven’t drained oil yet to check for coolant.

Well.... not sure. I unplugged PCV from engine to see if I could feel vacuum being pulled through it which I could. But..... maybe it wasn’t enough..... I just realize the engine didn’t change its idle at all when I pulled the valve out..should’ve created a massive vacuum leak, right? Not sure how strong the suck should’ve felt on my thumb from the valve but maybe it’s partially blocked..... weird that that could happen overnight...

Here's the check list for the PCV valve from the emissions FSM

Attachments

• PCV CHECK.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 79
If the PCV valve checks out ok, the pipe on the intake manifold could be clogged by carbon deposits. If it is, should probably remove the carb to clear out the carbon so it doesn’t end up in the cylinders.

was the rig running before the carb swap?
did this just start with the weber swap?
what did you do with the pcv hose?

thw WEBBER is causing that , sudden change in PCV blow by metered flow etc ..........

fyi

here is a affordable alternative i use as a trail spair and have installed for a while with no issues more then a hand full of time BY REQUEST OF CLIENT ONLY .........

i don't actively promote this well because ..........i choose not to , but here i webber is like pouring a 5 gallon bucket of gas down your intake , BAD BAD BAD ..........

but i keep them on hand for emergency etc

the fact it comes with a fuel filter and a set of maintenance tools , tells me the seller cares about his products reputation

io have had ZERO issues and installed at least 10 over last 4 years

say what you will , and please do , i love solid well intended feedback on this topic

those are my real world facts on this exact unit and long term ebay seller

1616286472682.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom