suction port leak (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced my power steering pump (major leak from some plug on the back, but it was under warranty)

Now I'm getting drips from the suction port. I'm going to call the Lexus dealer tomorrow and see if I can get a couple of new o-rings, but I was wondering if I used a little RTV on the flat part (not where the o-ring goes), am I going to hate myself later?

thanks.

John S.
'97 Lexus LX450

Are the hoses original? They may be getting old and brittle. We change a lot of them that are hard as a rock.

All of the hoses are replaced, except for the suction hose. It's not leaking from the hose though, it's dry above the bolt that attaches the suction hose to the pump.

I'll see about getting a new suction hose as well, but I understand that those are ridiculously expensive.

I'll see about getting a new suction hose as well, but I understand that those are ridiculously expensive.

It's just 5/8" TOC (transmission oil cooler) hose, takes about a foot.:meh:

All of the hoses are replaced, except for the suction hose. It's not leaking from the hose though, it's dry above the bolt that attaches the suction hose to the pump.

Toyota doesn't sell the rubber house separately and this is really expensive if your paper clip like cooler is ok, just take a good quality rubber house like
ACDELCO 36361970 {#19147364} Professional; 3 ft Bulk Hose
FitsCooler To Reservoir; Cut to Length, 18"
Or steering Gear To Cooler; Cut to Length, 10"

11$ on Rockauto

The high pressure house go with Rein® - Power Steering Pressure Hose made in japan heavy duty comes with the bracket needed for installation

i replaced the OEM metal section too marked with red circle

Lines2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom