Subwoofer replacement for 2005 100 series land cruiser - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My speaker is blown. Local car audio shops say the 2005 land cruiser has a 6.5" subwoofer (3rd row speaker) and they are not clear on what replacement speaker to use so that it fits in the existing enclosure. Could you kind folks suggest something that fits in the existing housing behind the panel? Trying to find a solution without having to do a lot of custom work to get it to work...unless that is the only solution.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just yesterday, I repaired the rear speaker in my '04 LX. Not exactly sure it is the same as what you have but very very simple. I got the new foam rim around speaker off ebay from Simply Speakers. Youtube videos to show you how.

There is a massive thread on this very topic. Find it and all your questions will be answered and then some.

The old one is probably still fine, not blown, the foam surround is probably just dry rotted and gone. A new foam surround is easy to find and install. If you wanted to upgrade, I'd say it's probably not worth it unless you also plan to add an amp to power it, this opens up a whole other can of worms that many of us have also done, but is much more involved.

If it’s the coil and not the foam (like it was for me), try a wanted ad in the classifieds. I was able to pick up a new one that way.

Rethink the enclosure and pick a better speaker. Check this out

Just yesterday, I repaired the rear speaker in my '04 LX. Not exactly sure it is the same as what you have but very very simple. I got the new foam rim around speaker off ebay from Simply Speakers. Youtube videos to show you how.
Please post a link to the kit you bought when you have a minute.

Thank you @BullElk. For some reason I did not get notifications on the replies! I could not find the part for the 2005 Land cruiser but I did ask them if the LX version you purchased will work for the LC. This is the part they told me to get for my year land cruiser.

Last edited:

My sub was blown, brought it to a local shop to see if they could fix it. Only the foam surround was torn (after 330k miles, not surprisingly) and they didn’t want to fix it. He told me they typically fix these issues with Permatex black gasket maker. Worked great for me, under $10 fix and definitely worth the time and effort. Poor mans fix.

Solution: I had my speaker refoamed. Purchased a refoam kit from the ebay link above- confirm the speaker foam size before purchase. Then paid a local speaker repair place $60 for the refoam labor. Speaker sounds like "new" now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom