Suburban Vs LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To be honest, I’m not interested in anything made during or after the height of the pandemic.

THIS Personally I will be staying away from anything built after 3/20. In general, quality control took a nosedive and still hasnt recovered. I dont really like any of the newer cars anyway. (Well, Id probably take a new 911)

But back on topic, Im actually hunting a Suburban 2500 right now. I owned a 1996 K2500 with the 454 and that was a good truck. Then I traded that for an Excursion 7.3L, and that was the best vehicle I have ever owned. But I just recently sold it since the price of diesel skyrocketed, and I dont tow much anymore, it just didnt make since. So now Im looking for either the GMT800 (2000-2006) with the 8.1L gas, which is literally a boat motor, used in marine applications so had to undergo extensive testing, and is notoriously reliable and really overkill for civilian automotive use. Or the GMT 900 (2007-14) with the 6.0. I think the quality has gone down over the years., so Id like a nice 800, but the 900s have a few more features and look a little better. They stopped making the 2500 for 2015, although there are some 2015+ 3500s out there that were built and sold for fleet/govt use. It seems they are all 9 passenger cloth models though and I want leather, captains chairs and a sunroof. I think the Displacement on Demand started in 2007 in the 1500s with the 5.3 and they are complete junk. And the quality of the materials in general is below Toyota, its really evident in the interiors of these GM products.

Bought a new 2003 2500 Suburban with the quadrasteer rear axle, for tighter turn radius etc. Paid a big premium, as the 2500 + quadrasteer + V8 was hard to find, for whatever reason. Bought it with the intent of occasionally towing an enclosed 20' race car trailer. I can't recall - it had a V8, but I don't think it was the biggest one - maybe a 6.0 or 6.2 back then? Wife (then girlfriend) liked it and drove it regularly. No kids back then, just a rottweiler, so we took the third row out (weighed like 200 lbs) and had a silly amount of room - really too much for our needs. Used a Versa-Haul hitch-mounted motorcycle carrier a few times to carry track bikes, which always worked well. The quadrasteer on the highway was unnerving, verging on dangerous, so I would turn it off there, but in public parking garages etc. it was awesome. Had it for about two years, during which I had zero mechanical or other problems with it, but I never had any intention of keeping it long term. I look carefully at every Suburban from that era when I see them on the road...when I do occasionally see them, they're not looking good.

This thread topic got me thinking of another SUV and it took me down the road thinking about a Land Rover product such as the new Defender 110 and then you head over to the Landroverforum site and remember why you don’t own one. o_O:steer:
They certainly seem to have some silly issues already. It’s definitely sharp looking but I’m a bit OCD and the issues they are having would drive me bonkers.

It’s definitely sharp looking but I’m a bit OCD and the issues they are having would drive me bonkers.
Said more broadly, they just lack "quality."

Big ole nope for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom