Sub tank in, is this to loose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got the nutserts in and just testing the fit of the tank.
Seems like I can push up on the rear part of the tank by about 1 inch.
Is this suppose to be this loose?
All the bolts are in proper position and tighten down.

Thanks all
dsc00487-187_525.jpg

Pushing up
dsc00486-220_525.jpg

Bracket view. Brackets were new from SOR.
dsc00482-143_525.jpg

Too loose for me that's for certain. Did your subtank have the padding on the top part? You can always add another layer or if yours didn't have any that would make a difference. You can also add another layer of rubber on top of the straps. As it is, though if you go bouncing over washboards with that full of fuel I don't give those rear nutserts much time before they tear through the sheet metal.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=2056538&postcount=6

Last edited:
Too loose for me that's for certain. Did your subtank have the padding on the top part? You can always add another layer or if yours didn't have any that would make a difference. You can also add another layer of rubber on top of the straps. As it is, though if you go bouncing over washboards with that full of fuel I don't give those rear nutserts much time before they tear through the sheet metal.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=2056538&postcount=6

Yes I have rubber padding on the top and I added extra.
I have a feeling these straps might be for a 100 sub tank which is larger. I will call SOR today. If not I will have to add some kind of rubber support on the lower straps to push the tank up to were is should be so all the hoses line up.

I bought the kit from SOR and they provided new brackets and filler tube.

dsc00346-154_525.jpg

Thanks

Yes I have rubber padding on the top and I added extra.
I have a feeling these straps might be for a 100 sub tank which is larger. I will call SOR today. If not I will have to add some kind of rubber support on the lower straps to push the tank up to were is should be so all the hoses line up.

I bought the kit from SOR and they provided new brackets and filler tube.

dsc00346-154_525.jpg

Thanks

Interesting read in the FAQ section on the SOR sub tank. It is actually off the 105. It is also noted that he straps are @ 1" too long. Those need to be tight even 1" + of rubber would make me uncomfortable.

:cheers:

Fly Rod,

Thanks that explains a lot. I will call SOR to talk to them and see how a I can modify the brackets to make them fit.

I folded it over (where the hole is)and drilled thru it worked fine.

I folded it over (where the hole is)and drilled thru it worked fine.

I was thinking of doing that.
Also SOR suggested the same thing.

>> Is this suppose to be this loose?

Definitely not.

What you have there is an 80 series tank with 105 series straps.

Even a 105 tank in an 80 - which fits well - will not snug up with 105 straps. The mounting points on the pan in the 105 (with respect to the depth of the tank well) are a little different. No amount of padding will work well (realistically, or safely) IMO, as already observed.

Cheers, R -

And how would you know that Ron???? Huh????

:) :)

cheers,
george.

Yer pullin' on my tank stra... er... chain, mate :D

Truth is, some guy on CB was tellin' me about it...

R -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom