Sub Tank Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the middle of installing a sub tank in my 80. The used sub-tank set up that I bought was for a petrol truck (single outlet on the tank, no fuel return, electric pump etc). However it seems to have a 2-wire gauge sending unit in the tank? It has only the triangular float. Some yahoo stuck a diesel sender on my petrol tank?

This style:
83320-69245__1.jpg

I believe the correct petrol sub tank sending unit should look like this? Can anyone confirm?
83320-69215__1_ml.jpg

Assuming that is correct, the part number I'm pulling up is 83320-69095 which is showing as NLA. However, I keep seeing references on the forum here (spent the last two hours going down this hole) for 83320-69215, which seems to be available. Will that number work for an 80 series petrol sub-tank?

You got your ground, level gauge and an empty sensor wires. 3
If your using George's ecu you'll need the empty sensor for the auto pump shut off.
I forget what the sending unit part number is, but I did find it here somewhere and got it from partsouq or amayama.
El'Mariachi thread has everything in it.
I'll look to see if I saved the box or some scribble I may have left with the part number.

You got your ground, level gauge and an empty sensor wires. 3
If your using George's ecu you'll need the empty sensor for the auto pump shut off.
I forget what the sending unit part number is, but I did find it here somewhere and got it from partsouq or amayama.
El'Mariachi thread has everything in it.
I'll look to see if I saved the box or some scribble I may have left with the part number.

I just went through every page of El Mar's thread. And a few others. Lol. There wasn't much talk about the sending unit in the sub-tank. Lots of discussion about the sending unit in the main tank and the wiring for the 75% full shut off. I am using George's ECU so I don't care about the main tank level.

I have 2 wires coming out of my sending unit, 2 pins in the triangular connector, and 3 wires/pins in the pigtail from to the harness. So I guess I would say that mine is a 2-wire. I wasn't sure it it grounded through the case, but the name "3-wire" is pretty definitive I guess. Lol.

So I guess someone dropped a diesel sender in my petrol sub tank.

Can anyone confirm that 83320-69215 will work/fit in this tank?

EDIT:
A bit more digging and I found it in El Mar's thread. Must have had my eyes crossed from so many pages of posts on this subject.
ParadiseCruiser confirms that it is the correct part number.

Thanks.

83320-69215 is the aux tank sender.
I have no proof, but I'm sure that is the one i bought.
I'll keep looking and can help with the george ecu set up if i find my scribbles pages

Yes it is 83320-69215, also, if you want to kick it up a notch, the female end is housing 90980-11245 and you will need 3 wires to complete it, I have the parts but going to get around to this sometime soon. I decided with OEM male/female end since I do not want butchered connections. I can solder the rest as I make the harness/connections.

IMG_9210.jpeg

IMG_9211.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom