sub tank fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering what transfer pump to use with my aus. subtank and where I could order one from....a link to a online site that carries one would be much appreciated.

thanks
Strap

I just found the facet fuel pump that SOR sells ..would this be a good choice? its part number 250-999 at SOR.com

Hiya Strap -

My personal preference is to avoid SOR.

I've had very good luck with the horizontal mounting Walbro pumps; they make a range of pumps that are metric threaded, and are used as OEM pumps in many automotive applications, both in-tank, and external.

The one I am using now is a Walbro GSL 391, and it transfers fuel at approx 1 gal/min, almost identical to Toyota's original pump, and it mounts perfectly in existing weld nuts in the OEM pump mounting location (on my 97, and also on a few earlier models - but no specific experience on a 91).

They are not the cheapest solution, but a good quality pump is fitting for a Cruiser, and you will have no worries or issues with it. I can also recommend Auto Performance Engineering (no affiliation) - a very small shop, but they will look after you.

If you need more details, be glad to help.

Cheers, R -

Strap,

I found a nice inline pump with a built in check valve from Carquest for this purpose. For the life of me, I can't seem to find a pic of it in my hdd. I basically stood at the carquest counter with their fuel pump book until I found this particular model.

Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom