sub tank fuel pump

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by strap, Jul 11, 2005.

1. strap

strap

I was just wondering what transfer pump to use with my aus. subtank and where I could order one from....a link to a online site that carries one would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Strap

2. strap

strap

I just found the facet fuel pump that SOR sells ..would this be a good choice? its part number 250-999 at SOR.com

3. ParadiseCruiser

ParadiseCruiser

Hiya Strap -

My personal preference is to avoid SOR.

I've had very good luck with the horizontal mounting Walbro pumps; they make a range of pumps that are metric threaded, and are used as OEM pumps in many automotive applications, both in-tank, and external.

The one I am using now is a Walbro GSL 391, and it transfers fuel at approx 1 gal/min, almost identical to Toyota's original pump, and it mounts perfectly in existing weld nuts in the OEM pump mounting location (on my 97, and also on a few earlier models - but no specific experience on a 91).

They are not the cheapest solution, but a good quality pump is fitting for a Cruiser, and you will have no worries or issues with it. I can also recommend Auto Performance Engineering (no affiliation) - a very small shop, but they will look after you.

If you need more details, be glad to help.

Cheers, R -

4. loquito

loquito

Strap
    Did you finish you install of the sub tank?

5. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    Strap,

I found a nice inline pump with a built in check valve from Carquest for this purpose. For the life of me, I can't seem to find a pic of it in my hdd. I basically stood at the carquest counter with their fuel pump book until I found this particular model.

Ali

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.