SUA Spring Perch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Running a SUA with 4" Alcan lift with Bilstein shocks on my '75. PO put in a 3" wide front spring perch in a 2.75" wide gap resulting in a bowed and misaligned piece of metal. I'm going to have Deaver remove the springs to check over (which are in near new condition) and replace all the bushings. I've ordered Ruff Stuff U-bolts and plates to replace the current ones but they don't offer 2.75" wide replacement perches to weld on my 3" axle tube in an
SP.jpg
SUA arrangement. I checked every supplier I could think of and searched in the forum archives, but no luck. Any suggestions or is it something that will need to be custom made?

When I made mine I just used 2 1/2" sq tubing outside dimension, 1/4" wall. If you want 2 3/4" weld a piece of 1/4" flat on 1 side, or a piece of 1/8" on each side.

Try Dodge part number #P4120074

If you search here on Mud, you will see these 2-1/2" perches commonly used as replacements. The 1/8 difference on each side with a 2-3/4 spring is typically not an issue.

Edit - I was curious and looked at Ruff Stuff's offerings:

Last edited:

If you search here on Mud, you will see these 2-1/2" perches commonly used as replacements. The 1/8 difference on each side with a 2-3/4 spring is typically not an issue.

That product is designed for SOA, I need a SUA part.

I'm a little OCD, so I like to use the proper sized width.

I used those on my SUA application. They are just longer for SOA. I shortened them to the stock length and welded them on.

What he said ^^^^^^

The SOA application is longer to help control axle wrap.

What he said ^^^^^^

The SOA application is longer to help control axle wrap.

Yes - Modifying this SOA application appears to be the only option. I'm reaching out to see if I can special order something, having them to cut it before shipping.

I would be surprised if Dan said no.

I would be surprised if Dan said no.

Well be surprised. The answer is no. I will check a couple of other places and if the answer is no elsewhere, I will see if I can find somewhere to cut this down to 4.5" for me.

Well be surprised. The answer is no. I will check a couple of other places and if the answer is no elsewhere, I will see if I can find somewhere to cut this down to 4.5" for me.

Bummer. I am surprised.

I still think its the best option. A bandsaw would be easiest to cut it, but it could be done with a cut-off wheel on a grinder.

for what it's worth, I used @4Plus spring perches - my truck is SUA

The dodge ones work fine also. Fit perfect. That screwed up perch is usually cause by severe axle wrap pinion snapping driveshaft flying around under there and binding or an accident where the leaf spring snaps or bends usually ripping a shock off also. Ask me how I know.

The dodge ones work fine also. Fit perfect. That screwed up perch is usually cause by severe axle wrap pinion snapping driveshaft flying around under there and binding or an accident where the leaf spring snaps or bends usually ripping a shock off also. Ask me how I know.
The screwed up perch is the result of the PO fitting the wrong size for a 2.75” wide spring. I will be cutting down a longer SOA perch to fit a SUA set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom