"Stuttering" felling after start up '98 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 98 LC in december and I love it. But after a couple months it started to have small problem. Right after starting it, it stutters a little bit. it only happens while in "Drive" and is most notable while stopped in "Drive". And you can fell it a bit during the initial acceleration. But after a about 5 mins. the problem disappears until the next morning. Also, while the "stuttering" is happening, you can hear "clicking" over the radio. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for the help!

edit: Sorry, meant to spell "feeling" in topic

clean your throttle body, its dirty. Might want to clean your MAF while you're at it. The clicking? No idea, is it a tapping sound that is related to engine RPM and is it louder outside the vehicle? If so your exhaust manifolds might need some looking at.

thanks, I'll check out the throttle body. the "clicking" sound is electrical, sounds like some kind of interference.

oh through the radio, I thought you could hear it OVER the music playing. Gotcha, not sure where to even begin with that problem, sorry.

Long shot....but make sure your battery terminals are tightened down well.

I bought a 98 LC in december and I love it. But after a couple months it started to have small problem. Right after starting it, it stutters a little bit. it only happens while in "Drive" and is most notable while stopped in "Drive". And you can fell it a bit during the initial acceleration. But after a about 5 mins. the problem disappears until the next morning. Also, while the "stuttering" is happening, you can hear "clicking" over the radio. Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for the help!

edit: Sorry, meant to spell "feeling" in topic

90k service done....dont have any solid records, but truck belonged to mechanic's wife.

thanks a bunch for the help! it got a little worse and consistent today while it was snowing, so i took it in, and Mr Monkey was right, it was a coil. Thanks again guys.

Yeah, the light just came on today, it started flashing today after i stopped at a store for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom