Stupid window motor bimetallic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drivers window barely works lately and stops and won't work for periods, especially if hot out...

Are you guys replacing the overload bimetallic strips, bypassing them, or replacing the entire motor assembly?

Please don't fill this thread up with 'clean the rubber track' ideas.... Anyone who's ever dealt with a few high mileage toyotas has been through this and understands what 95% of the problem is(the bimetallic has lost most of its memory causing a premature shutdown of the motor).

I replaced the motor, mine went out suddenly. I was going to pull it and try and get the old motor to work, but I figured who knows how much longer the motors will be around might as well just do it now. Especially if you are going to keep it for a while.

I replaced the motor, mine went out suddenly. I was going to pull it and try and get the old motor to work, but I figured who knows how much longer the motors will be around might as well just do it now. Especially if you are going to keep it for a while.

Good idea

A guy that lives up the street from me said he bought whole new window motor assemblies (spring etc) for his HDJ81 off of amazon for cheap and now they work great.
I'll do that, thanks!

Are you sure the switch is good? They've been known to develop bad connections. I had intermittent window problems. Changed the DS switch and no issues since.

I did new motor and master switch assembly in mine recently for under $90 using non-OEM parts. Fairly painless repair job, window works like a champ now.

Sent ya a text, I have new left and right front complete assembly's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom