1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid ticket

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by TheGr8Doughboy, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

A while back me and my lady went to a big yardsale, radio van was there etc etc, and parked behind the usual line of cars by the side of the road. There were at least a dozen cars on our side of the road. Anyway a few minutes later someone started yelling that the were towing a "big ole' toyoter" so I ran over and there was a state cop with his lights on. I was afraid that I parked by a no parking sign.. but I hadn't.. my freekin tires were over the white lines. I got the stinkin ticket for $80 and figured I'd pay it and that'd be the end of it. Nope, it's worth 3 points on my license and my insurence is going to go up! I'm 21 with a clean record and I don't speed now my insurance is freekin going up. I didn't know that I couldn't park like that.. hell there were tons of cars doing the same thing. I'm going to try to go to court for it but I've gotta take a day off of work a day off of class and drive over 5 hrs round trip! I'm sooo pissed! :mad:

\end rant

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    that sucks.

I had a ticket like that that I just decided I "wouldn't" pay. First warrant I ever had issued for my arrest. Now THAT was stupid.

Good Luck homeboy.

3. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

That does suck. I've always driven fairly responsibly for the most part, but when I was younger I was harrassed and ticketed on a regular basis. But I always drove something that stood out. All my toyotas had a minumum of 33 inchers on them, were typically muddy, and stood out anywhere. Easy target for any law enforcement, they know they can find something wrong to wright you up for. Now that i'm 32 and daily drive a bone stock truck, I don't get harassed at all. Haven't for about 5 years. And I drive no differently. Of course I don't get harassed in my 40 either, and it's bright red, with a super loud exhaust. But i'm sure the day will come for it.

4. Jman

Jman

Next time, just park it on the lawn.

5. NovaFZJ80

NovaFZJ80

I would take a day off of work, heck use a vacation day and go to court to fight it...chances it will be dropped and pay only court fees...usually thats the case for me...in VA, if you have no violation for a full calendar year, you get one good demerit point to offset and points that are against you...really helped me out, had 6 good points to offset 2 tickets i got..

6. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

Ken, I get pulled over ALL OF THE TIME. Doesn't matter what I'm driving. I had an '89 white VW Jetta that was in decent shape and I was pulled over in that 4 times, twice for lights being out and the other two late at night "routine" checks for sobriety. I got pulled in my mom's '00 passat wagon at night for driving 52 in a 55 and was asked if I had been drinking. All of those times I was underage and made it very clear that I didn't drink (which I didn't). I've been pulled over in my cruiser a couple of times and the cops have been super nice... baffles me. One night I tore the wires out of the rear end and the cop skipped writting a ticket and followed me home with his lights on...

Yeah, I'm gonna go to court for this... but this damn thing could cost anywhere from $100 to $300! That's a month's rent!

7. dieseldog

dieseldog She idles just fine . . .

Ignorantia legis non excusat

Not to be a smartass; however, the latin above translates to: Ignorance of the Law is no excuse. It's true in every jurisdiction I can name. Sorry you got dinged.

8. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

I know ignorance is no excuse... but I was parked behind a bunch of other cars and they all moved their cars while the cop was writing me a ticket. Super frustrating situation! I've been reading the laws and found a bunch of stuff I didn't know about!

9. PUPTLAM

PUPTLAM

Media:
    Albums:
    Something I read in Readers Digest.
    A guy travelling in a long string of cars gets pulled over and the cop gives him a ticket. The guys says he "was going the same speed as everyone else on that road" . The cop asks the guy if he "has ever been fishing", the guy says "yes", the cop asks "if he ever caught them all"?
    In other words, The cop had to give someone a ticket. Your truck was probobly parked at the front or back, and you just got hosed. Happened to me also. It sucks, but thats life. At least be proud that your truck stood out in a crowd.

10. Koffer

Koffer

Go to court and talk to the prosecuter (sp?) If they are anything like around here its "Monty Halls, Lets Make A Deal" and will work with you to get something with no points ,pay fine (money maker for them) and court costs and all is good .