Stupid Questions.. You Hear Them Everyday!!

AND.. This is one of those "Stupid Questions"...
First Off, a bit of "background info".. What I'm referring to are the FJ40 (for the most part) folks who remove their front bumper from what appears to be a "regular" driver (not a garage queen). I can see replacing said bumper with a bull-bar, etc.
So, my query is.... Are these "removed bumpers" in a state of flux? That is, there is a "pending replacement" (bumper) in that FJ-40's future? Or???
Personally, I'd be worried about "trashin' about in the woods" (or a city!) without something "nice and solid" between my radiator and an errant tree (or yuppie driver!) that will jump outta the woods/intersection and bite my LandCruiser..
Just curious about what the "Bumperless Folks" are doing/thinking about..
Charles 1974 FJ40.

Cant say that I ever saw one without a front bumper driving around.
Brian;
I guess, maybe, these "40's" are still being made Road/Boonies ready and the owner posted a few pics of his (her--can't
leave-out the distaff side of our sport/hobby).. That said, I also see a LOT of FJ40 pics where everything in front
cross member was cut-off.. No turning back from that.. well NOT without a LOT of metal work!!
Maybe, someday I'll learn the "why's" of this mod... (if I live that long!!)
Charles 1974 FJ40.

I was always told the front bumper was past of the structural integrity of the vehicle.
The Front Bumper "might" be past the stuctural integrity of the vehicle. Although, I "rammed" a Bois d'ark tree that had been chainsawed over 3/4's thru and put a noticeable dent in the center of my '74 FJ40's bumper (didn't budge the Bois d'ark!!).. Had I NOT had "a" bumper, the FJ40's stock radiator would have looked like a horseshoe!! Just sayin'..
Charles 1974 FJ40.

The Front Bumper "might" be past the stuctural integrity of the vehicle. Although, I "rammed" a Bois d'ark tree that had been chainsawed over 3/4's thru and put a noticeable dent in the center of my '74 FJ40's bumper (didn't budge the Bois d'ark!!).. Had I NOT had "a" bumper, the FJ40's stock radiator would have looked like a horseshoe!! Just sayin'..
Charles 1974 FJ40.

Well, that says it all. Bumper was structural integral and pleased you had one, anyone.

Strangest post I've ever read. I don't think I've ever seen a 40 without a bumper. What on earth are you on about??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom