Stupid Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all- I'm not yet a fj40 owner, but soon to be...Anyways, I haven't been able to figure out what that little box on the right hand side of the windsheild is on the fj40's. Anyone help me out?

-Chris

The box is the Windshield wiper motor cover.

Buy a 40... come on you know you want to!

Drew <><

Ok cool thanks. Oh, I'm definitely looking around, believe me. Any leads?

Thor300, where are you located? There are a few Cruisers for sale in the Lake Tahoe/Reno area, including a BJ70 :eek: and a built up FJ45, and afew FJ40s as well.

I'm in Ohio. Not much out here really I've found. Everyone who has one wants to keep it. :D

come to the dark side luke..........

Heheh, already in. When I first laid eyes on the 40, i knew it was meant to be.

yeah, if cruisers were cocaine, I would be dead!

Be careful. It's an addiction that can dominate your time and a good size chunk of change. Don't worry though. We're all here for sort of a support group. Oh yeah, the seat on the other side will allow you to include your significant other and they will become addicted as well. Then you can gain some assistance with the financial end of the addiction.
;) 8)

Do not but on ebay or from vintage. Do lots of reseaerch, which you are doing. You are starting out right. Check local papers and the for sale boards on here and Pirate. Ask Questions.

Good advice. Where did you all find yours? I'm taking my time. There's no rush. I want to find the right one.

I bought my two from a friend that I talked into selling.. Kinda impulse buy. I got a 74 fj40 with 69 thou original miles and a 72 fj40 and a spare set of axels with gears and springs all for 1200. :D

Greg from Vintage is pure
grinning-smiley-036.gif

travel on roads you haven't been before. look in peoples back yards. If it looks like it's been sitting awhile, knock on a door. sometimes you get lucky and they are glad to get rid of it. :D

cool. I keep imagining that if I'm driving down the highway or walking out in the woods, and see one, I'll freak out and follow it home.

there are deals to be had out there. I found one of my cruisers on ebay and it was local. It has almost no rust, runs great, 98,000 original miles, and we were able to drive it home. I only paid $1551.00!!!! The other one was sitting out on the end of some farmer's driveway. lots of rust but ran great and had tons of good parts with it, and it came with a plow. I only paid $600.00!! My wife won't let me buy any more. But I have since found similar deals. you just have to keep looking.

Keep looking; you will find one--maybe more. As mentioned above, drive roads that are new to you and look in the back yards and behind barns etc.
Ask around and let it be known that you are looking. I have found three in the last month just by talking with people in the know about old cars etc. Had the starter of the 72 rebuilt; that led to a comment "I know where one is...." Looked at it the next day. Late 60's model without motor but a good parts rig with hardtop, doors etc.
Another was a 72 that has been in a shed since early '92.
Keep your eyes and ears open. Yes it is an addiction; one will lead to another and another.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom