Stupid OME shocks and springs question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
stupid question…I’m trying learn here. How can I tell which OME setup the PO had put it on my 95 LC? All I can see in nitro supercharger sport. I have a leak from the passenger rear shock and am looking at replacing all of them. Also. I do a lot of off road rocky and trail riding. No crawling. Not carrying heavy loads. I don’t mind the OMEs and can re order those. Just need to know length I’m guessing. However if there is a bit softer ride that would fit. I’m open to suggestions. Icon are too expensive right now though. Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks

ECD69E5A-55B8-4701-962A-093FFF1554FF.jpeg

2D5B2301-7F9C-4BB6-BA88-372DD5A91E95.jpeg

Dobinson, also of Australia, sells a yellow shock that is similarly priced to the OME but rides much better. Their compression damping isn’t so high so they produce a more cushy ride. You should be able to find the set you need based on your lift. I assume the shock for 0-3” lift would work from what I could tell looking at your spring and shock length in the photo.

Looks like passenger front is leaking instead of rear.

There may be a stamp in the shock body to ID by but not sure how legible it will be. The “L” shock has more travel but don’t think the part number is listed as L on the shock body. Otherwise it would be a 2-3” lift as baldilocks said.

Are there any paper tags left on the coil springs? That can I’d the spring and coinciding lift.

OME
Dobinson
Fox
Icon

In approximate order of costs.

My mistake on which shock is leaking. I was laying underneath as i typed this and getting short. I can’t find any markings on the shocks or on the springs 😡. Weird to me. You’d think they’d be ID d on the shock. Like tires.

So I sprayed all the mud and crap off and found a stickers with OME 850x. On the front spring. Nothing on the backs springs. Also found the 60018 on the front driver shock with Also the a21mr12 3.

8DEC0200-07D6-442E-BB7E-410CBD8322C5.jpeg

46828D92-997C-47E0-80CA-0C6A404B1812.jpeg

850’s are supooosed to be 2.5” lift with extra weight if bumpers, armor, winch, etc. in that case standard (not the “L”) OME nitro chargers will work for you but the Dobinson equivalent rides better, that is, unless you like a stiff ride.

So I sprayed all the mud and crap off and found a stickers with OME 850x. On the front spring. Nothing on the backs springs. Also found the 60018 on the front driver shock with Also the a21mr12 3.

View attachment 2715774

View attachment 2715775

Your shock # is 60018. Go to arbusa website and download their suspension catalog. There you'll see the shock and spring # assigned to various lifts they offer.

Thanks. I wrote them and told them what I had found and asked if they had softer shock that would fit since I don’t carry full loads. Just waiting on an answer. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks. I wrote them and told them what I had found and asked if they had softer shock that would fit since I don’t carry full loads. Just waiting on an answer. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Can also find the info on Cruiser Outfitter's websites (www.cruiserteq.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom