stupid fj40 motor mount question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After about four years I'm trying to put my dissembled 9/73 FJ40 back together. I was just doing a rough setup of the bellhousing/rear motor mounts to see what new parts I was going to need and guess what -- I just can't remember for sure how everything goes together :doh:

Does this look right (drivers side -bracket sandwiched between mounts, pass side - bracket on top of two mounts)?

http://pages.prodigy.net/cruiserhaven/r_dr_mmount.jpg
http://pages.prodigy.net/cruiserhaven/r_pass_mmount.jpg

Does anyone by chance have a pic of the 9/73 rear motor mount with the clutch setup so I can use it for reference?

TIA.

Cruiserhaven

I am almost positive the pass side, or double stacked side is wrong. I just pulled a motor from a 75 a few weeks ago. I will check or somone else with a haynes manual handy.

That picture could be right. I thought the pass side looked wrong but couldn't figure out what to do with the extra mount -- didn't even think of putting it under the support like that.

Thanks!

JUST did this...The driver's side is right, the pass side, one mount goes between the frame mount and the mount on the engine and the other goes underneath the frame mount. Assuming you are going to put the bolt head on the bottom, it goes; bolt with flat washer, rubber mount, frame mount, rubber mount, transmission flange or mount, flat washer, castle nut and cotter key.
HTH
Ed

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=10290;start=msg92655#msg92655 date=1074609569]
JUST did this...The driver's side is right, the pass side, one mount goes between the frame mount and the mount on the engine and the other goes underneath the frame mount. Assuming you are going to put the bolt head on the bottom, it goes; bolt with flat washer, rubber mount, frame mount, rubber mount, transmission flange or mount, flat washer, castle nut and cotter key.
HTH
Ed
[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the confirmation and details -- I always seem to have left over washers after I put stuff back together...but now I have no excuses for not geting everything back together just right :D

Hey, Steel. I see you are running an SOR type header. Did you or are you running duals on the exhaust? Or do you run the "Y" pipe? Great picture, tells it all.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom