Studder/cutting out on heavy gas pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how bout you get an oscilloscope and start doing test to actually find out what the problem is. There's no way your engine skips over 2100rpm. Its an issue with fuel or spark and its an easy issue to find with an oscilloscope, IF YOUR WILLING TO DO IT.

If your not, then you'll keep posting here looking for the 'magic fix' and your waste time and money firing the parts cannon at it trying to fix it which may or may not work, but if it doesn't and your problem is really a wiring issue then you'll either figure that out one way or another (usually at the expense of a lot of time) or pay someone to do it for you. But you could've just figured it out from the get-go with an oscilloscope.

To toot my own horn I am a diagnostic guru, I trace problems like this down all the time on my cars and clients' cars. I'm giving you sage advice. If you take it I'll help walk you through it, if you don't then I won't waste my breath anymore and you can blaze your own path, because I've got better things I can do.

Last edited:
Bad Plugs or injector wires wouldn't only be bad while o2 sensors are plugged in.

Sounds great when you say it but in the real world, a damaged injector wire can present 100 issues in 10 minutes of driving then none for 500 miles, only to come back and present 40 issues over the course of two days. It's random and sporadic, and both symptoms, to a seasoned diagnostic mechanic, are indicators that point to a wiring issue.

See you are thinking of it as if the wiring has degraded and failed completely, but that's not how they fail. The insulation splits and the wire can ground out on other injector wires or the chassis because of vibrations. So it causes intermittent studdering usually at certain harmonic vibrations the engine produces, could be 2100 rpms in your case. Get it?

I'm not opposed to using an Oscilloscope at all. I don't currently have one and have had some of these parts laying around and some on order since thus issue has kinda escalated more and more lately. And honestly I think every part I've replaced and swapped was good to do Regardless. But yes I will try to obtain an O-scope and see what I can do. I appreciate everyone's thoughts honestly.

Swap on your parts, get the o scope, I use the pico scope because I enjoy the laptop users interface but the Hantek handheld is a very well regarded unit. Don’t waste your money on the cheaper ones.

Once you get the o scope let me know

Toyota dealer said they just went discontinued. No longer available.
Wrong:
1683556649279.png

Wrong? I wasn't even talking about the fusible link there. My toyota dealer told me the o2 sensors for my 1993 are now discontinued.
RH sensor:
1683693496799.png

LH sensor:
1683693628764.png

however, the NGK 24080 is readily available and fits both sides.
1683693747575.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom