Studded snow tire options on 18" wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running studded snows? I would really like to put a set on. My plan was to go with a tall/skinny tire, something like a 255/65R18. Problem is i can't seem to find much availability. Nokian doesnt make anything that size. Stopped in at my local tire store today and they didnt have anything. Tire rack shows me a General Grabber arctic and a firestone winterforce 2 UV but they only have 2 general grabbers left. I feel like i would tend towards the firestone anyway as they are owned by bridgestone, which makes the blizzaks and those are always well reviewed.

I think i'll try to pick up a set of used tundra steelies and get a dedicated set. Any advice?

Edit: 2004 LX470, stock tire is a 275/60R18

Last edited:
Grabber ATx is studdable. Not sure if they have the size you need/want. I have them in 275/70R18

You know i think that could be a possibility. Tire rack says they are good for light snow but the LC can handle snow, it's ice i'm concerned about. I wasn't really considering that size either but i think i will give it a look. Ty!

Edit: I actually see that they make a 265/70R18, that may work.

Last edited:
Get nokians even if you have to go a bit wider. They will perform well even if you have to get a bit wider. They do have sizes that are very close to what you want.

They make suv 9s in 265/60/18

Totally worth it. I had Hakka suv 9s on my 100s and prior had nokian LT2s. Those were 16s. I got rid of the 100
Series trucks I had.

Now I have nokian Hakka suv9s on my 200s and LT2s on my 80

I ran them on older 100
Series 16 inch
Rims and then tundra trd rims I picked up
Cheap.

Good luck
John

Another vote for the Nokian. I have the Hakka 7 SUV in the 265/60-18 on my 7th winter. Started between 50-50% on the wear indicators. I’ll get the newest Hakka’s next winter is the same size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom