Stud Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
70398876327__15C3D1A1-8ED7-438B-A40D-1401F5E1F820.jpeg

Finding a stud bolt to replace this one has been about as frustrating as removing and reinstalling the fan clutch behind the shroud. I can’t find them anywhere and CruiserParts are out of stock.

It would help if we knew where it came from; is this the EGR stud, water pump mounting stud or fan clutch stud. Or something else entirely?

The water pump mounting studs are available:
1682611756592.png

These should be M8 x 60-mm long.

The fan clutch studs are not listed separately; they are mounted on the water pump.

The EGR studs are:
1682611905762.png

These are also M8, but I can't remember how long.

Those aren't supposed to be removed/removable. IIRC, they are peened on the back side to keep them in place.

I'd suggest you use the EGR studs. They have external Torx ends to use to insert/withdraw them. Run them in until they bottom out.

Those aren't supposed to be removed/removable. IIRC, they are peened on the back side to keep them in place.

I'd suggest you use the EGR studs. They have external Torx ends to use to insert/withdraw them. Run them in until they bottom out.
Appreciate the info. Yeah. It definitely wasn’t my intention to remove the stud, but it came out with the nut.

No worries replacing them. I’ve had the same thing happen. Good recommendation above running a tap through there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom