Stuck while Idling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Gang,
So today I experienced this for the second time in the last few weeks. The first time was about a month ago and outside temp was about 105 degrees. Today I was at my local Costco gas and outside temp was about 93 degrees. Both times I was waiting in line for about five + minutes with AC on without advancing. When it was time to move forward my truck would not advance. Almost felt like a was holding down the brake pedal while accelerating (similar to power braking but without wheel spin). Like the first time this happened I placed the gear in neutral and back to drive. Car advanced as if everything was normal. Checked all my fluids and everything was normal same for all dash vitals.

Any of you out there ever experience this? I'd like to hear your thoughts. TIA!!

Was your foot on the brake while not advancing or did you shift to park? Any application or disengagement of the hand brake during the wait?

When you pressed the gas pedal when it was stuck, did the RPMs increase or stay put? I'm asking if the whole drivetrain was fully connected or somehow the engine got disconnected from the rest of the powertrain?

When you pressed the gas pedal when it was stuck, did the RPMs increase or stay put? I'm asking if the whole drivetrain was fully connected or somehow the engine got disconnected from the rest of the powertrain?
That's a good question. I want to say the RPMs went up but I can't confirm. It's still hot out here still so I will put it under the same situation this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom