Stuck stabilizer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a couple hours before work…gonna put in new OME stabilizer that’s been sitting on work bench for months. Nuts come off original stabilizer easily now I can’t get the shaft out of brackets. Is there a trick to getting old stabilizer off before I bust out the drill?

These are often stuck - really stuck. I used a 6 ton three jaw puller. Even with that puller, it was still really hard - needed a long cheater bar. I destroyed a 3 ton puller first. I had soaked the joint for a week w/penetrating oil too.

I used a balljoint seperator and a BFH! Pounded it for 25 mins and then it popped out. Thankfull for that coz my arms were killing me from swinging the hammer.....

Yikes! No wonder the guy who sold me my FJ62 handed me the OME stabilizer still in the box! And I thought that was going to be a 30 min job....

you need a fork tooth tapered air hammer bit. chaching badda bing done. I just used a procomp steering stabalize from 4wheel parts $24!!!! And I made out with the parts guy.

Well let me say this job was a pain in the ass......I hacksawed the shaft flush with the bracket and drilled the stud out. Plus my garage was 125. I don't know what was worse, rolling it outside and sit in the sun (with a slight breeze) or stay in the steam room known as my garage. Anyway its done.

wingysataday said:
We didn't actually make out.......................Yet anyways!!
Soooooo, which parts guy in the henderson 4wp did you make out with???

Was he bald???

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom