Stuck on the fence of a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

08-15 LX is a great buy but when you break that 2016 barrier things change. They got so polarizing with that grille, got worse off-road due to the approach/departure angles, and that stupid joystick to run the infotainment. Terrible.

This. The LX can be a good route as it is usually less for a used one vs an LC of similar year and mileage. Find a nice low mileage 2015 and you'd be set as a family hauler.

My $0.02: I bought my ‘08 with 90k on it. I didn’t do much in the way of prepurchase inspection and got lucky I guess. If these things are reasonably well cared for, the miles aren‘t a big issue.

This. The LX can be a good route as it is usually less for a used one vs an LC of similar year and mileage. Find a nice low mileage 2015 and you'd be set as a family hauler.
“If I had the means I’d definitely be in a 16+ cruiser” -not said in my post.
There are a lot of reasons for this, but there isn’t much point listing them when the guy starting the thread has already expressed his desire for one.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and their thoughts. I think I will keep my search focused on the LC and not the LX, and I greatly appreciate the insights to the differences between the model years 16+. I have some time, so I'll keep searching for that blue/terra combo that our family likes.

I also appreciate the thoughts on MBI, I had no idea something like that was even an option.

The only advice I can add is to be ready to pull the trigger when you find that elusive blue/terra combo. I spent several months scouring the internet and checking daily email notifications for new listings. When an 18 blue/terra popped up about two weeks ago, I called and put down a deposit that afternoon and drove about 400 miles the next day to get it. I probably paid a bit more, but was tired of waiting for the right combo to pop up. Good luck in your quest - it's a beautiful truck and more capable than you'll ever need.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and their thoughts. I think I will keep my search focused on the LC and not the LX, and I greatly appreciate the insights to the differences between the model years 16+. I have some time, so I'll keep searching for that blue/terra combo that our family likes.

I also appreciate the thoughts on MBI, I had no idea something like that was even an option.

Fellow Wisconsinite here. Had a 2014 4Runner Limited for a few years. Had replaced the XREAS with the TRD-Pro Bilstein suspension and put bigger K02 tires on it. I enjoyed it and will always have a love for 4Runner's. However, the 2011 LX 570 that replaced it is much, much better in so many ways. One of the biggest is the much more robust HVAC in the 200 as opposed to the 4Runner. As it should be, since it was so much more expensive when new. I bought mine with 97k miles and then got to work baselining all the fluid changes and other things even though it had been dealer maintained. I initially was hard down on LC and not the LX, but as has been mentioned, there are just so many more LX's available. I can definitely understand the color combo you want in the LC as I love that as well and if my budget had been bigger and more time, I could see myself doing the same.

With that said, maybe keep the LX in your back pocket. Putting the Falken Wildpeak's on and doing the sensor lift has let me take it anywhere I've wanted to so far. I wish Wisconsin was closer to the mountains so I could properly utilize it.

@Wisluggo - Was just in this quandry. Wanted a '16 LC but found a low-mileage / well backed (Toyota care, 16k zero cost, etc) 13 at the right time. Fixed the weak high-beam headlights and only real gap remaining is the 8-speed trans and button lay-out (in my mind). I'm super pleased with it and to frame that satisfaction, we also run a '19 loaded Discovery for the wife. The '13 doeesnt have a gap in comfort or tech (besides android auto - stereo, comfort, a/c, etc rockl) to the disco (wife steals the LC regularly), so I'd be really comfortable saying miles on a 16 would still feel great. Hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom