Stuck in 4LO7' Taco is stuck in 4Lo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 07' Taco is stuck in 4LO. All I did was back up the RV to a different spot. Put it in 4LO to bump up the curb and not tear up my lawn. Now I can't get it out of 4LO.
Any simple quick things I can check before I have to take it to somebody?

your 4wd actuator is on its way out...

when it happens again, turn the truck off. turn the switch into 4hi. start the truck. sometimes this will trigger the 4wd ecu to disengage 4lo.

if not, turn the switch to 4hi before turning off before restarting...

sometimes you may need it to rest with the truck off for it to disengage the electronics...

it's a pain for sure...i've swapped out one already...the second time it went on me, i made the move over to an FJ Tcase to eliminate the electronic switch. Rock Solid Toys is a great source if you ever wanted to swap over to an FJ Tcase.

and you have two actuators that are known to fail... one on the tcase and the other on the front differential

your 4wd actuator is on its way out...

when it happens again, turn the truck off. turn the switch into 4hi. start the truck. sometimes this will trigger the 4wd ecu to disengage 4lo.

if not, turn the switch to 4hi before turning off before restarting...

sometimes you may need it to rest with the truck off for it to disengage the electronics...

it's a pain for sure...i've swapped out one already...the second time it went on me, i made the move over to an FJ Tcase to eliminate the electronic switch. Rock Solid Toys is a great source if you ever wanted to swap over to an FJ Tcase.
Very interesting, what’s involved?

When the actuator is cold it will shift into 4LO, but when I drive an hour + to the trail heads, it will shift to 4HI, but will need to cool off in order
to shift into 4LO. After a trail run in 4LO it will have trouble shifting out of 4LO. I have had to shut the truck off and let it set, then before starting,
shift it into 4HI and start the truck. Then shifting from 4HI to 2WD is no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom