Struggling with SM465 Clutch choice.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm currently working on mating an sm465 out of a late 60's (I think) chevy truck...I've been searching all over mud and have looked at all of the Tech links and I can't find the answer to what clutch disc I need. I've heard both the Toyota 4-speed clutch disc and chevy 10.5 and 11" as options. I have a brand new toyota 4-speed clutch kit and the disc does not fit on the transmission input. Can anyone help me with a solution? The tech links that I think hold the answer seem to no longer exist...

Thanks.

going to a chevy engine? just pick a 70s-80s chevy 1500 and order the clutch for it.

If I remember correctly it was the 11" chevy disc that I used

Going to a 2F, should have mentioned that. I measured the toyota flywheel and was worried that the 11" would be slightly too large. Is there a specific year truck or part number that you know of? Most of the part store people around here aren't intellectually capable of finding a part without specifics....

I am picking up an 11" clutch disc for a '77 Chevrolet C20 Pickup. I'm planning on using the toyota 2F Flywheel / pressure plate / throwout bearing / and clutch fork. One problem that I"m running into now is that the throughout bearing has a larger inner diameter than the sleeve it rides on on the sm465 trans. Have you guys had this problem? and is there an easy remedy? I have a lathe and took the measurements and I'm thinking of just making a sleeve to go over the sm465 sleeve that will match the throwout bearing...there is about 1/10 of an inch difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom