Struggling with Heated Seat Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like many of us I bought seat heaters when I got my leather kit from Shane. Leather kit went on years ago with the heating elements but I put off the wiring until now. I have read every post on on the technical aspects that I can find but cannot determine how to wire my specific kit that I got with the group buy from heatetedseats.com. If I understand correctly, for switches there are a few options including using the switch from the heated seat kit, stock black Toyota switches sourced from Japan, or Lexus switches. I found a couple of Lexus ES300 heated seat switches with connectors and made the necessary pigtail to connect below the console. Checked my wiring and all seems to be working correctly up to the connection for the seats. Where I am stuck is how to wire to the after market control box for the heating elements. I have attached a wiring diagram and a picture of the harness and control box opened up. Ground and 12 VDC are easy but unlike most of the write-ups, I have one wire for Hi/Lo signal, not two. Has anyone tackled this and if so, how did you get it to work? There is a solid state relay and IC in the circuit so it is over my head. I can simply wire the heating elements like the original Toyota elements without the control box but I lose the interlock that turns off the heaters when there is no pressure on the bottom element. Also, the heating current will go through the Lexus switches and 18 or20 gauge wire which is pretty light duty. So my preference is to get the wiring to work with the supplied control box. Any thoughts or leads are greatly appreciated.View attachment 1934701 View attachment 1934701

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it looks like you're trying to reinvent the wheel here.
You've got +12, ground, and a switch leg. I cut into the switch leg and used OEM Toyota switches.

Attachments

• Seat Heater Switch.pdf
    955.8 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom