Strongest roof rack using all 6 mounts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gamiviti has a long lead time right now. I’m a fan. Can the stock roof rack hold the larger Smittybilt RTT?

Gamiviti has a long lead time right now. I’m a fan. Can the stock roof rack hold the larger Smittybilt RTT?
I ordered the Gamiviti essential expo ++ rack. This is one they usually carry in stock. It utilizes all 8 mounting points has cutout for the sunroof and holds my Smittybilt xl gen2 nicely. Only took about a week to get it from the time I ordered but they had it in stock at the time.

There are so many good roof racks it’s hard to choose. We are fortunate to have all our forum vendors. What to do… what to do…!?!

Yeah but your truck isn't dying anytime soon. Do it once and do it right .

I suppose if your only goal is just to mount a RTT there are other options out there but gamaviti takes the lead as the most adaptable storage solution.

Could prob just add a few cross bars to your stock setup and mount a tent.

Mounts: 6 or 8, your choice. 8 is default on the Essential Expo. And there is no default "factory 6" as there are a number of variants to what was port installed. It varies by year, by model LX/LC, etc. Every single 100 in the world has the threaded holes in the roof to run up to 4 per side, it's all under that rubber channel cover.

Tubing: .065" wall 1" od. Never heard of an issue with it deforming with clamping? Been abusing these for 12+ year now without that issue....

Lead time: 3-4 weeks on the next batch of 100 series and 60 series Essential racks. ~6ish weeks on something more custom. doesn't feel too long? 200 series, GX460, both in stock.

email, PM for faster responses to questions thanks! :cheers:

I have a Bowfin. Having used 80/20 extrusion a lot, like the rack. After initial install, I checked the bolts all around and tightened. Since then nothing. The extrusion WILL rattle like crazy if loose so you know if it is.
I wish the rack came in 15series instead of the 10 series extrusion. Or at least an option. I use 15series as much as possible for builds and have the parts. I have put a couple of L-track buttons to attach tarps or tiedowns. THOSE fittings rattle if not in tension.

I can't speak to the smittybilt RTT but I ran my Tepui Autana (~180#) on the stock rack and cross bars for about 4 years now with no issues. Took it through Death Valley and mountain passes from Silverton to Aspen with no troubles at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom