Stripped thread on injection pump during ACSD delete. 1HD-T What to do??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Republic of Panama, Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Hello All!

I got some help with the ACSD delete and my dad followed a youtube video where someone pryed out the ACSD unit instead of removing the bottom bolt properly.

The result as you might imagine was the threads coming out on the bolt and the ACSD delete plate leaking diesel out completely.

My details. 1993 80 series with 1HD-T. Location Central Ontario Canada.

The access was much trickier than some threads show with stock setup.

My understanding is that the back of the bolt holes are open to the injection pump mechanics.

Most likely there are aluminum threads already in the pump.

The idea would be to put helicoil threads in but of course this would put additional aluminum shavings into the pump while boring out the hole and tapping threads for the coil.

The only thing I can think of is having it towed to a specialty injection pump rebuilder shop to have it torn down and rebuild after tapping the hole.

This makes for a very expensive ACSD mod.

I am open to alternative schemes out of my predicament.

Many thanks for reading

Cheers,
Matt

A bad situation. The cheaper way is to remove the pump yourself and take it somewhere. Its not hard to do, just have a good quality puller

the rule of a injection pump. when it start to leak, it shows that it has a high mileage and it is time to get it rebuild.
it is not a DIY thing, unless u have experience in rebuilding pumps .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom