Stripped t.case fill plug solution, for now..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I don't just have stripped threads, for the most part they are gone.( from about the 12o'clock position to the 4 position looking in the fill plug) where? I don't know because I have rinsed the case and looked all through the pto cover plate and can't see them. I think it was something that happened before I came to own the 60. The fill plug was always loose, but I never just stuck my fingers in there to see why.
While trying to come up with a way to attach a bypass hose I thought that this might be a way to buy some time until I can just find a good case and swap it out. I have a t-handle expansion plug in the old stipped hole and it is doing a very good job at holding.
This way it is still easy to check fluid level and I can get fluid back down hill.

0920131905.jpg

0920131906.jpg

I've fixed this problem once before. Go through the Dorman catalog and find the next size up on drain plugs. If I recall, without double checking, the factory uses a 20mm thread. It's been about five years but I think it was a mitsubishi that used a 22mm thread. ...You'll need to buy the appropriate tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom