Stripped bolt seat back bench seat 65 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of the bolt hole to the bech seat back. Is stripped. Was wondering and suggestions though about drilling thru and using a nut. And would be hidden by seat back or some kind of insert and body have any suggestions thanks

111805C2-CB23-4DC4-9878-AB345BD471C9.jpeg

Are the threads in the hole actually stripped out, or did the bolt break off?

You probably have to take it apart and see how much meat is left in there before you can tell what needs to be done. There's helicoils, nutserts, tapping it to the next size thread, or drilling it out and welding a nut in there flush, many ways depending on the situation. Probably more I'm not thinking of but its inside a tube so you can't access the back to use a nut. I just repaired a seat bottom hinge hole by welding it up, drilling and tapping it.

Nutcert/Rivnut would be my solution of choice. Tools make it easier, but when I modded my hardtop I used a bolt, nut, and two wrenches. Cheap & easy... but proper.

You probably have to take it apart and see how much meat is left in there before you can tell what needs to be done. There's helicoils, nutserts, tapping it to the next size thread, or drilling it out and welding a nut in there flush, many ways depending on the situation. Probably more I'm not thinking of but its inside a tube so you can't access the back to use a nut. I just repaired a seat bottom hinge hole by welding it up, drilling and tapping it.
I thank you for your help i was thinking of drilling a hole right thru and using nut. The seat would hide the nut. But your ideas are good too thanks

Hey, I also saw someone(40 channel on YouTube) fix a stripped out hole on his warn hubs with jb weld and he drilled and tapped that. I can't attest to the strength but he said it worked. I have used jb weld before and it works great, I have never tapped it though. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom