Stripes on a 1st gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like i have stated before i used to own an 85 4runner with unique(to me) stripes down the side. The 4runner was TAN and it had RED and BROWN stripes running down the side. It is hard to explain what they looked like but i have not seen another 4runner with the same stripes. Could anyone post up pictures of their 4runner's stripes?

I am just curious if i had a rarer(new word) style of stripes or if it was just rare to the area i lived in. Thanks in advance for all the help

lunyou

i would post pics, but I don't know how.

can you describe you stripes?? Are they long down the side or they more like the one in the for sale section.

lunyou

The last forum on the list is the test section that contains info on how to post pics

Okay, let me see if I can post pics by what cabron said. Here's the stripes.
4runnertest.jpg

hey thanks for the pic good looking rig. But not my stripes. ill see if i can find a picture of my 4runner somewheres and see if i can't get it on the forum

lunyou

If it was a SR5 4 runner it would have had the different shaded rectangle stripes behind each wheel and up the drivers side of the hood. I liked those, somebody had put them on the 86 I used to have (although 86's had a different stripe design) but they are no longer made. At least not by toyota. 89's had a stripe kind of like the 93-95 pickups that would work, but they likely don't make those anymore either.

it wasn't an SR5, at least it didn't say so anywhere on the rig. This rig had custom wheels straight out of the factory and larger tires, though im sure htat doesn't matter. Ill keep looking for a picture.

lunyou

If it had a tachometer, it would have been an SR5. If no tach, who knows what dealer or previous owner stripe kit might have been on it. Back when I worked at a dealer, we used to make "limited edition" cars all the time with stripe kits.

well it wasn't an SR5. It was one of them special orders that people put in to get the vehicle they want. Te guy that put the order in never came and picked up the vehicle and the dealership that my dad went to had it shipped across state(3 hours) so my dad coudl purchase it. It had larger tires White Spoke wheels. I was always under the impression that the stripe kit was just a factory stripe kit but after looking at many different 4runners i have not seen this same set of stripes on one.

Again my memory might be skewed and i m ight have seen numerous 4runners with thei same stripe setup but im almost 100% sure that i haven't

lunyou

The only other stripes that I've seen were kind of a reversed Nike Swoosh - started low on the front, raised towards the back and up the topper... Two different colors over a base.

Not SR5, most were DLX. I've seen 1/2 dozen of these...

my stripes didn't go up the topper I have my dad looking through an album for a picture

lunyou

thanks for the pics but i don't think those are it. I have seen so many stripes in my search for the correct ones i have forgotten what mine looked like. Next time im home im going to look in the old albums and find a picture then i will be able to help myself and everyone else.

lunyou

DigitalNight I love those stripes. really retro vintage cool man

Toyota factory stripes

I recreate discontinued Toyota factory stripes. I have a complete listing of factory stripes going back to 1981 in a pdf file on my Toyota Stripes page. From the sound of your description they were not factory graphics. But if you send me a pic I may be able to tell you who made it.

JAmes Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom