Stretched hand brake cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have the same problem I am experiencing after lifting their 470? The hand brake cable is stretched and their isn’t much slop. I couldn’t even attach the bracket to the rear LCA. I’m afraid the hand brake will engage when in droop. Is there a fix for this to provide extra slop like a longer cable?

You can adjust the slack by pulling the center console between the front seats. There is an adjuster there as well.

Yeah, I pulled it, it is basically under the cup holder area (just in front) and has adjustments)

How much of a lift was it total? I used OME 895e springs and 3/4" rear perches from SSO to net 23" fender to hub.

I'm at 25" from center hub to lower edge of fender. Rear is sitting on MT HD LT springs. Once I transfer over the RTT and front bumper from my 4r the whole car would squat about an inch lower.

Update:

My idiot self listened to my buddy to adjust the adjustable rear lower links to the same length as the stock rear links. This caused the 3rd member to sit further back further stretching the brake cable. Also this caused the driveshaft vibration at 20mph and during decel. Lesson of the day do not listen to your buddy. I should have left the links the way it was set when removed from the 4runner. All is good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom