Strange vibration/grating sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased an 03 lx470 with 300k miles. I spent way too much doing everything the dealer said to do including timing belt water pump, all new fluids in differentials, transfer case, transmission, brake fluid, spark plugs and a some other things. It runs good but I am experiencing an intermittent vibration/grating sound that feels like it’s either from behind the steering wheel at the dash or towards the left front of the vehicle. I plan to get a video and post it. It is intermittent and if I’m gentle driving it then it doesn’t happen but if I get on it or gas it while turning I can hear/ feel it through the steering wheel. Any thoughts before I get a video of the sound? Thanks.

Maybe check the drive flanges, see if a c-clip has popped off and the CV is starting to slip.
Ok I’ll have to research what I’m looking for, not a mechanic, probably shouldn’t have bought a 20 year old car with 300k 😁

Hard to tell from your description, but could also be old motor (2) and transmission (1) mounts passing engine vibration through when you are on the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom