STRANGE STARTER MOTOR PROBLEM. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here’s a weird one!

changed my fuel filter, pretty basic.
Then for some reason my starter motor went on the fritz, when I try and start it just makes a wizzing whining noise and won’t engage? BUT! If I put my foot hard on the brake pedal the starter engages and my car starts???
Any answers??

Oh jeez, where do I find that 😂
I wouldn’t know my ass from a hole in the ground, but just seems like maybe something to do with the electrical input of the brake being applied? Have you tested the starter to see that the motor actually turns when power is supplied (hook it up to a battery and keep fingers in a different county)?

Here’s a weird one!

changed my fuel filter, pretty basic.
Then for some reason my starter motor went on the fritz, when I try and start it just makes a wizzing whining noise and won’t engage? BUT! If I put my foot hard on the brake pedal the starter engages and my car starts???
Any answers??
Hmmmm... Does the brake pedal need to be pressed hard, or just ‘regular’, to have an effect?

How repeatable is the effect? Has it ever NOT started when the brake pedal is pressed? Has it ever started when the brake pedal is NOT pressed? More data is needed before saying there’s a correlation.

This is weird, definitely try it multiple times pressing and not pressing the brake and see if it still starts. What wiring is near the fuel filter that you could have knocked loose or something?

Seems like maybe it's not pulling enough juice to drop the plunger unless the brake is applied and power is also going to the pump for the brake accumulator and what-not? Assuming it really will ONLY start with the pedal pushed. I mean, if the starter is actually spinning the solenoid has enough power to it to close and the plunger just isn't engaging the gears inside....right?

or your starter just went bad and it's a coincidence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom